Why won't my boyfriend propose after 10 years?

He won't propose and we aren't even living together. He said we would look at apartments in the fall but now he's saying no let's buy a condo. But oh! That means waiting another few years!

Any excuse he can get. Then I ask about the fall for getting an apartment and I think he's just nodding his head yes but will say no when the time comes.

Meanwhile EVERYONE I KNOW is getting married and living together...

When I see him on the weekends it's great but once the week starts I feel angry like I've been had. Because we work full time we only see each other on weekends and I'm so sick of it. I can't do this anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I can understand you anger... You feel a bit like a convenience don't you... I agree that you need to have a conversation with him about this though, after 10 years, I don't think that applying pressure is a bad thing... Some people have the "if it's not broken don't fix it" attitude and maybe that's his... Maybe you two are in the comfort zone rut? I also don't understand why you don't see each other during the week after work? Regardless, you are not happy with your situation and you are the only one that can change that. Best of luck. Cheers!

What Guys Said 1

• Ask him why, talk to him about it.. but don't try and pressure him.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he just has different goals than you do. This doesn't mean he doesn't love you or doesn't want to marry you, it just means he isn't ready yet.

Try reading How to Get Him to Propose (howtogethimtopropose.com). It is an ebook with great information that can really help. It really helped me...I am getting married in just three months! I can't wait.