Brother mad because he wants his girlfriend to be one of my bridesmaids. Help?

So, my fiance & I were all set-5 maids, 5 groomsmen, my brother being one of them. However, he's now threatening to pull out of the wedding because he wants his girlfriend to serve as a maid. I really don't want to add her in-for one, I'm not buddy-buddy with her; two, that would throw the symmetry off. We'd have to find another groomsman to suffice if she were to serve as a maid, & not sure who.

I've always had a close relationship with my brother & have always wanted him to serve in my wedding, & now this is going down.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its your wedding and your say

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be forced to put a person you have next to no relationship with in your wedding party. I'm not sure what etiquette dictates in this situation, but his behaviour strikes me as very childish. For example, in my cousin's wedding, her sister was her matron of honour, but her husband was not a groomsman. Your brother does not get to dictate who is in the wedding party. If he's going to be so childish as to make demands about *your* wedding, he shouldn't be a part of the wedding party.

What Guys Said 3

• This is where maybe you can ask your mom or dad to talk to him to explain your decision.

• wouldn't it be easier if you talk with the other maids see if one would be willing to switch

• I think it's your choice. It's your special day. Hold your ground.

What Girls Said 1

• Well he's not in charge of who gets to be in the wedding seeing as how it's not his. You're not obligated to put her in your wedding. Especially since y'all aren't even close. Your brother is being a jerk.