Why do people not want to get married?

Just a question that's puzzled me. Besides the obvious of not finding the one ot financial what other reasons are there?

Most Helpful Guy

• The institution of marriage is corrupt legally speaking. Men get screwed when it comes to alimony and his possessions. And often is restricted from seeing his own child.

Besides, you don't need a shitty ring from a cheap diamond that African slaves dig for; the price of which inflated by cartels to rip off fools. And you don't need an overly expensive wedding to show loyalty to one another.

• Plus that money you waste on stupid wedding could be used for some cool shit.

• @KENKONG And half of all marriages end in divorce, no matter the expensises of the wedding

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• What's the use in it? How does it benefit me as a man to be legally bound to one person? Forgetting all the alimony/child support/divorce courts shit attached to it, I mean fundamentally what am I getting out of being bound to one person?

The only reason women want to be married in the first place is so you can't get rid of them as easily since there is literally no difference between marriage and dating outside of rules. When dating, I can tell you to take a hike and you have no squatter's rights, but when married I have to go through a lengthy, costly process that someone could try to manipulate in spite.

There's just no actual benefit to marriage for me, as a man. I get no security from it, I get no greater sense of 'love' from it, I'm not religious so I don't feel closer to a god, I'm not spiritual so I don't feel like we're 'unified', I get nothing that I personally want from it. All I get is the title of husband, which doesn't even matter to me, and a reduction of space in my house. Everything a wife can provide me, a girlfriend can provide just as well AND not be around me all the time for me to get sick of her.

• Thing is, marriage offers nothing to men.

Once upon a time, marriage meant that as long as you were a good guy to your wife, you basically couldn't get divorced, as it was fault divorce.

Now, no fault divorce literally means you can be divorced on a whim--and many men are divorced out of boredom, not abuse or adultery.

Say you're a man.

You want sex? Easy. Go find a woman, you can have sex within a few dates, easy. You want a live in woman? Easy. Society doesn't frown on it, and some studies suggest live-in couples have sex more and the women are happier. You want kids? The black society in the USA is at 75% bastardy rate, no one frowns on kids born out of wedlock.

What does marriage offer men? No guarantee!

Marriage, if anything, makes most men the weaker person the relationship and gives the woman a threat point. It offers men nothing. No guarantee. If a woman is good for her word, she's good for her word. A marriage certificate won't make her more reliable!

• Marriage creates an emotional and psychological bond between two people. It's like being in an invisible box together ! And a lot of successful marriages are in fact ARRANGED marriages. Sure, arranged marriages are not for everyone, but the point is that people will learn to love each other and look at the good in each other when they are bound together. However as a Man I know Marriage TODAY is a load of Crap. If a woman divorces you she can take away half of YOUR stuff plus the judiciary favors women taking care of the kids while the Man STILL has to pay child support. Some Men are willing to marry if there is a prenuptial agreement that she cannot gain sole custody of any child or ask for alimony. The problem of Alimony and Children is how some marriages suffer because the woman uses it against the Man. Why would a man want to jump into a cage where someone else holds the key which releases him to the lions?

• Because many people don't feel the need to have the state/church/etc. recognize their bond. Also in cases of marriage divorce is often horrible for the guy, often financially crippling.

• Some people don't want anyone else having access to their bum at night.

• it provides an easy way... which includes being responsible in finding a good mate. most are too spontaneous.

• Most men are afraid to lose everything if divorce and pay alimony it cause men don't want to get married.

• They may have own logical reasons for not wanting marriage, there can be many reasons.

• Because a large amount of women in the west aren't marriage material.

• Too picky?

• Because they don't need to. Marriage doesn't bring anything new to the table in the way of lifestyle if the couple is already cohabiting.

• Why have one when you can pull more unless you can't lol

• I wouldn't want to marry a goldigger. I do want to get married, though.

• Some people just don't see a point in marriage. Me included.

• I just don't want to get married. I'd rather have a girlfriend.

• Because some people are raised in a sane home and can carry on a monogamous loving relationship.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't want to put up with a sick, aged or dying husband.
    Don't want to give birth
    Don't want to have sex with an obese man
    Don't want to get cheated on
    Don't want to cook dinner when I'm sick

• Some people may not be ready for that sort of commitment.

• because I don't want to be legally bound to someone.

• Why do you need to get married?

• Over population