I am 21 years old. is it too early to get married?

I am 21 years old. is it too early to get married? I love my boyfriend very much and we want a baby.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, lets say that 15 y. o. kids have baby. I think that you should sit down with your partner and for a moment be in real world. Do you really want to get up every hour and feed baby? Do you really want to give up all social life and your career? And many similar questions. ( with your partner of course). If you will answer yes, just do it because nobody and nothing can stop you. If no, think about your own life. 21 is beautiful age and you can do lot of things in your live which will be even good for your baby ( experience.. etc). Try to think about it, but its needed to say that this question is individual. In Europe is different level, in Asia or Africa different as well. Without knowing it, all is only general talking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, this I coming from a 20 year old but I would say I am pretty experienced by watching other relationships. It all depends on your place in life. First of all, are you compatible? Second of all, do you have good jobs and a stable life style? Not that that is necessarily crucial to marriage (it's much better tho) but I know from family experience, it's much better to have stable careers when children are brought into the world. It's better for the kids, believe me. O about marriage, that is really something only you and those who know you can give advise on, when it comes to kids, I would say, think of the kids.

What Guys Said 18

• Yes, it is too early. Besides, has he established his career? Can you afford a baby? Do you even know how much it costs to raise a child?

• Yes, I would say it's a little early. I would suggest you should wait till 25 at least.

• Don't get a baby right into marriage. Try enjoying being married with no kids for a little while. Once you have kids it's going to stay that way until the two of you die so you really shouldn't be in a rush since you're only like 1/4 of the way through life.

• i think its too early to get married but its not to early to have met the person you will marry in a few years.

• Way to early yet

• Nope. There is never too early a time to get married. If your Love is strong and you think you can make good decisions the you SHOULD ! Marriage creates an emotional and psychological bond between two people. It's like being in an invisible box together ! And a lot of successful marriages are in fact ARRANGED marriages. Sure, arranged marriages are not for everyone, but the point is that people will learn to love each other and look at the good in each other when they are bound together.

• I think the only criterium is: is the relationship that serious that you won't feel sorry 3 months after getting married :-(
    So in your case, that sounds like a big yes: go for it :D

• Way too early

By the way for how long have you two been together?

• Do you have a place to live? A stable income? The financial and mental means to raise a child?

• Oh no! 😧

• Well if you cannot support a family financially and your housing is unstable, then you shouldn't have a kid yet.

• THIS. Dred1614 has it. If you and/or your man have great jobs lined up upon graduation and a home, then go for it. But otherwise? WAIT.

• No its not to earlier. Just don't give up your dreams for marriage

• What a stupid question. Only you can decide whether or not it's too young. Why do people have to get other people's opinions to decide for them? Can't people think for themselves anymore?

• If you've been dating for at least 2-4 years than it's fine.

• why would you not want to get married young?

• Is it that is too early, or just that people are marrying too late?

• Yes, it is to early explore life first

• Do you have good careers yet? My guess is probably not. So yes it is way to early to have a family, as you cannot properly support the child. It Woul be wrong to bring them into this world.

• you are too immature. another little fellow will be spawned by his ignorant parents in the world... .

• Well maybe. I would have to know way more.

What Girls Said 15

• 1. You don't have to be married to have a baby.
    2. 15 year olds are having babies now days.
    3. It's your life, you can make your own decisions. If you feel like you're ready to get married then get married.

• "Too young" depends on mental maturity , not age.

In hindsight you are a grown woman , not an under 18 year old kid.

• No it isn't ! If you're mature enough and love him, why not?
    If I found a man I love and we were ready for it, I would marry him today!

• yes, why the rush?
    you can still love him without getting married. a piece of paper isn t a testimony of your love.
    You still have time to learn about yourself and about him.
    like damn it I ll be 21 in 2 months and I still don t know what my future holds and still have many plans.

• I think it is too young but it all depends on you and your level of strength and life experience. Some people are ready at the age of 21.

• Not at all :) If you think you have found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, then go ahead :)

• get engaged.

• never too early to get engaged. and you have time to 'make sure'.

• If you two have stable jobs, are financially, physically, and mentally capable of raising a human being, and have a solid relationship with each other, then yes you're ready to get married and even have kids.

• :
    yea wait for it... waaait for it...

• No just do what you want

• yes, i think it is a bit young.

• don`t have a baby at your age its early stay with your boyfriend for now

• No it's the best age to marry 18-21 I wish if I had the chance to marry at 18

• No it's good age

• Its never to early but just think it good! Getting married is a whole different deal! Goodluck!