How to ask for a prenup?

My parents are putting pressure on me to get a prenup, and I also think it's the right thing to do. How do I ask her to sign it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say "Babe I want you to sign this prenup. That way I'll have my money, and you'll have whatever you brought into this marriage. But dont get me wrong... We can always create a joint account as well (but dont expect that anytime soon)."

• I sense a hint of condescension. Why?

• Thanks for your input

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a smart move. Just tell her that your parents want to make sure your future generation is provided and they want to make sure your legacy is intact. After all, a marriage is a merger. Don't create a joint account. Keep your money to yourself and she should do the same. Unless she is a housewife, it's best to not mix money.

What Girls Said 2

• You don't ask for one. That is rude and mean.

• Why?

• I will never leave her. I have assets that need protection from her if she wants to leave me.

• It's not rude and mean - it's practical. You never know what could happen

• I'd have no problems with that.

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell her you want to be good friends even after you break-up so to avoid any hatred, she should sign the prenup, in case it happens. A lot of Marriages end badly these days. The BEST thing to ask in a prenup is that she cannot ask for Alimony (taking half of YOUR stuff) and she cannot have sole custody over ANY child.

• Just say it outright. There's really no advantage to trying to butter her up.

• Thanks for your input.

• Insurance policy for failed marriage. Means a breakup is expected. Many state also will toss prenups anyway, Easily invalidated.

She should refuse. You shouldn't ask.