Do you feel that its only RIGHT to invite those to your wedding since they invited you to theirs?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. The only people getting invited to my wedding are the ones we actually want there.

• Well Im glad someone said it!! Im thinking that I may have to have a destination wedding just so I can have a reason not to invite these people. However, a lot of them have money and would still try to come along :(

• Thanks man :)

• Sure thing. Good luck and congratulations.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes but it also sucks. I don't want to invite people just because I have to when I never see them.

• Omg yes exactly!! Like I only went to their weddings because I was young and had no choice. But I have that pushy grandma whos like "Its only right"

What Guys Said 4

• I invited immediate family and all aunts. uncles, and first cousins. Beyond that, I invited who I wanted to invite.

• Yeah I would. I think that's the proper way.

• But then I'd have like 300 guests lol. All these people had like 4+ kids each!! And i dont want to be that witch who says "No kids allowed" :(

• Glad Im not alone

• Oh yeah but I'm not the lucky one getting married! Haha

• Yes, sounds fair.

• 'We wanted a small intimate wedding'

• Im black. Lol apparently that doesn't work for us

• His family is pushing him to invite certain people too. We almost want to lie and say that we're just going to elope

• Are your families going to be up in your business for the rest of your life?

What Girls Said 5

• Depends. If they got married in June and I get married in July of the same year then yes.

But my friend in high school got married 4 years ago when she was seventeen. I went to her wedding. But I probably won't be inviting her to mine in the next few years. We haven't spoken since HS graduation. It would be odd to invite her.

• Well I attended their wedding as a child because I was forced to go. One even had me be her miniature bride. So I feel guilty not wanting her there. But she's changed over the years. She acts like a rich snob and I dont even go around her anymore. But she's my grandmas niece, so my grandma hangs with her a lot

• What do you mean?

• She's a friend of your grandmother. That's getting really far fetched.

• No, I have no control over if people invite me to their wedding or not, but I do have control over who I invite to to mine.

• No. I'll invite the people I want to invite. I'm not going to invite people just to be polite because they invited me. I'm not paying a party for people I don't care about.

• Well, this is kind of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you invite them because they invited you, even if you don't like them/don't want them there, and on the other hand, you don't invite them and feelings get hurt/people get upset. I, personally, would only invite people I really wanted to be there, but I guess my advice, not knowing all the details of your situation, would be to choose whatever option is the lesser of two evils for you.

• Did you actually go to their wedding? & itvreally depends on your relationship with that person.

• They're my mother's cousins and my grandparents siblings. Im not really a fan of them because they are all so snobby and judgmental. But they expect and invite in return because I attended their wedding as a child

• Yeah don't invite them. You might end up having to be blunt with your reasoning though, FYI.

• Lol just maybe