Do you support same sex marriage?

Do you support same sex marriage ?

Do you know that about 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution requires that same-sex couples be allowed to marry no matter where they live and that states may no longer reserve the right only for heterosexual couples.

• Yes , I support same-sex marriage " Give a reason "
  • No , I don't support same-sex marriage " Give a reason "
All the supporters Do you know what is the God's Punishment for homosexual?
Please Read this story Of Lot " real story "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lot_in_Islam

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law’s most elementary precept is that “good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided.” By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act’s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always.

In the name of the “family,” same-sex “marriage” serves to validate not only such unions but the whole homosexual lifestyle in all its bisexual and transgender variants.

Civil laws are structuring principles of man's life in society. As such, they play a very important and sometimes decisive role in influencing patterns of thought and behavior. They externally shape the life of society, but also profoundly modify everyone’s perception and evaluation of forms of behavior.

Legal recognition of same-sex “marriage” would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality.

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s.

This is false.

First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.

Same-sex “marriage” opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.

Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior. There is simply no analogy between the interracial marriage of a man and a woman and the “marriage” between two individuals of the same sex.

• Also, calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

What Girls Said 9

• Of course. There doesn't really seem to be any valid reason beyond 'but I don't like it!' to say why marriage equality is a bad thing. Everyone should receive equal rights - if a church or other religious building isn't comfortable performing same sex marriage then fair enough, that should be down to the building, but people who want to get married should always be able to do so, regardless of race or sexuality.

Plus, if I was to end up with a woman, I'd really want to be able to marry her :)

• This is all your thoughts?

• Why You Don't believe in God exist?

• Who knows? I was raised to be Christian and believe in god, but it's just not something that I, as an adult, think is a very logical or sound belief. I'm not going to say 100% that god doesn't exist, it's just not something that I think is very likely.

• Yes, because there's no reason why I shouldn't support it. People should be able to get married to any person they want.

• Is it natural?
      ever you think what about if the whole world become lesbains and Gays. so from where we will have kids !!
      Is there is any religion call asking us to be gays or lesbains?

• it is natural and can be observed in nature. Some believe it is a form of "population control". The whole world will never become gay or lesbian. Organisms are basically designed to reproduce and continue their species. And also it is not a choice. If "god" or whoever did not want homosexuals, then he would not allow them to be born like that in the first place, surely.

• I have no reason not to. Marriage isn't something that's all-encompassing. It's literally the stage in your relationship where you can start getting certain governmental benefits.

Besides, who am I to care who wants to get married. It's one person wanting to marry another person to show their love and commitment to one another.

• I'm bisexual and currently in a relationship with a girl so ~ of course I support it 😁

• Yes, because there is no reason not to.

• Absolutley through should have the same rights and responsabilities as every body else

• why should i? because its a fad? because its cool these days to put gay people on a pedestal and make heroes out of them for no reason? i dont have anything against anyone but why are we glorifying someone JUST for being gay?

why do they wana get married anyway? because they can't live together and have kids and all that?
    because they dont want to "sin' ?

come on lol

• Each to their own I say ! Don't get peoples issue with it

• Love is is love in my opinion. No one can do harm by just loving somebody right? I mean it doesn't make any difference in your life so why would you care what they are doing?

What Guys Said 14

• Absolutely, how can we claim to be a "free" country while discriminating against our own people?

• If same-sex marriage applies to all of the states due to the 14th Amendment as the argument goes, would the American Left also be willing to concede that concealed-carry (which falls under the 2nd Amendment via Moore v. Madigan) should also apply to all of the states per the same argument? Consider that McDonald v. Chicago did in fact effectively rule in favor of this regarding the 2nd Amendment.

But I'm sure the "progressives" will answer No because apparently everything I want is merely an inconvenient privilege at best while everything they want is an inalienable right that must not be questioned to any extent whatsoever and must come out of my wallet. Hypocrisy at its finest.

In either case, I do NOT support same-sex marriage and am proud to be one of the few youths of my generation who wasn't brainwashed by the LGBT bandwagon just because it became cool in the past 8 years. I've explained my reasons very thoroughly before but it never quite went well since most people refused to make an effort to understand. In short, I do not support same-sex marriage because I believe it sets a dangerous precedent by reducing our rights to a mere governmental decision.

Philosophically speaking, the fact of the matter is that same-sex marriage has no basis in the natural-law and thus to legalize it would actually be to create it. This is completely foreign to our nation's English concept of common-law which is that the government merely recognizes that which already exists via the natural law. The end result is that not only does our government gain the power to actually define (opposed to merely recognize) rights, but that our rights are also reduced to a mere governmental decision.

I'm a Mexican American young who is also a Republican and adheres faithfully to my Eastern Orthodox religion. I will continue to defy demographics because I do not jump on bandwagons but rather use my brain.

• I'm indifferent because it doesn't affect me.

• No it's affect the whole society

• I can't think of single way its affected me. My life after its been legalized is exactly the same as before.

• Im imdifferent to gay marriage however I'm against homosexuals adopting children since that would deprive the child of a normal father and mother influences growing up.

Social science have proven children growing with homosexual parents will develop sexual and gender disorders.

• Marriage is a corrupted institution. I don't want to ever get married, and as far as I know I'm heterosexual; if I were homo- or bisexual I would have even less reason to get married, because marriage still clearly favours heterosexual couples. However, as long as marriage is common, everyone should be able to marry.

• I support it. Didn't you ever learn the whole "Golden Rule" thing in elementary school? Treat other people the way you want to be treated, man.

• Yes, because it's a free country. If two people of the same gender want to marry, then nothing should be stopping them.

Besides, there's statistically way more gay men than lesbians, so the more men come out of the closet, the more prospective future gfs I get to choose from. Win-Win :D

• No I don't

• Explain to me why

Besides saying it's a sin :P

• @HookingSwan LMFAO 😂 😂 😂 yep

• @HookingSwan I have my opinion and you ha r yours I deeply respect your opinion and appreciate it we don't have to hate each other to disagree

• Marriage is between a man and a woman, period.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage
    The dictionary states that same sex marriage is similar to normal marriage, not the same thing.

• Yes I support it. Simply because it's none of my business as to who someone wants to be with regardless of gender.

• If you support gay marriage being legal, you really don't have any argument at all to oppose incest.

• I don't take morality lessons from a book that advocates the killing of gay people.

• I don't understand how people can not support it. It doesn't affect their lives in any way, so why should they not get the chance to be happy like the rest of us?

Bible thumpers opinions don't count, as I wouldn't trust the opinion of anyone who still has an imaginary friend.

• Religious marriage? No. I consider it stupid to marry into a belief that despises you. Marriage is not a holy act that we all have to go through and it is not marriage but our feelings that makes us special to each other.

Forcing other people to change their beliefs to include you is highly oppressive and seeking inclusion with people that follow a belief in which you're an abomination is silly.

So I'll repeat: marrying religiously is not a right or a must. Supposedly divine words handed down from heaven does not change because we have a media storm about something and throw insults at anyone who opposes the idea.