When dating a girl with the intention to maybe marry one day, does it matter if she comes from a good family or not?

Most of the people that I see getting married come from a mom and dad, well-to-do background. Those are the people in relationships that seem the most stable and loving.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I suppose it's important at least to an extent. It is more important if it is the concept of "arranged marriage", if it's "love marriage" then I guess the two people who love each other don't pay so much attention to this point.

Moreover, I believe the family doesn't really have any impact on the individual, meaning the family can be not so good but the individual ( the person you are going to marry) from the family can still turn out to be a very good person. On the other hand the family can be good but then the individual coming from the family may still have some bad habits and may not be a person of a good character. I mean these are the possibilities.

After all it's the two people who are getting married, they are not getting married to the family, right.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how prominent they are in the person's life and how much influence they have on him/her. You should consider the fact that you marry a person's family--for better or worse ;)

What Guys Said 4

• i don't generally care tooo too much. i mean i hope that she comes from a good family (not necessarily wealthy) because a good relationship with family can only bolster a relationship

but ultimately i care about who the girl is not where she's from. i may admire her more if she comes from a dysfunctional background but was able to rise above it and become a great person

• this is just my opinion. if he loves you it shouldn't matter. the wife and i both had a lot of issues when it comes to family problems growing up. just because someone is rich and comes from a stable family doesn't mean they are truly happy. happiness is what you make of it. the wife i both came together with very little in the way of money but me made up for it with love and caring for each other

• it matters to me a great deal. women raised by married parents i find are better behaved.

• THat is true but it is not necessary when it comes to marriages. Statistically speaking your point is valid, but if you really like her follow your heart and try to make it work.

What Girls Said 0