My fiancé got a text from a random number and I saw him say goodnight beautiful to her from the night before. Am I crazy for calling off the wedding?

He says he doesn't even know the girl.

Alright my fiancé says he doesn't know who the girl is that texted him he unlocked his phone is giving me permission to look at any texts he gets and all his social media

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not too sure, part of me says maybe it is justified, especially his excuse that he didn't know her, well most people don't reply "goodnight beautiful" to some strange person they don't know. However another side says it might have been a bit hasty. You should probably talk to him more about the incident then decide a more permanent course of action afterwards. If you don't find any of his answers to be reasonable or if you find out the text means something, I don't think it would be crazy to call it off.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's lying because clearly he is hiding the extent of their relationship.

If lies is what this relationship consists of, then I advise you not to even think about getting married.

Call the wedding off!

Someone that is trying to hide their behavior, is someone that has no intentions to want to change.
    There is no remorse in that action.

You two have a lot to talk about.
    I think you should confront him with the issue.

What Guys Said 5

• No matter what he says it doesn't stop the fact that he said goodnight beautiful to another girl.
    The only way Id it acceptable is if he's the type that says it to all loved ones.

• i would be asking questions but when we first got cell phone for the first time my wife got a text like that. some times people get board and text or send messages randomly to see who answers them. my suggesting is get the number and look it up and see were they are from. my wifes texter was over 2000 miles away lol

• goodnight beautiful does seem suggestive he's also lying, how did she get his number? more importantly, how could he knew she was beautiful if he's never met her?

• Wow that is a tough one... what i would do is do some research and talk with the truth, and if you forgive him forget it, but if you don't believe him call it

• I think you def. have some stuff to talk about

What Girls Said 10

• If he didn't know her, this his words should have been "Sorry you have the wrong number know good night you unknown girl who I have never heard of in my life!!" Now im not sure if I would have called off the wedding. I think you should do a bit more investigatibg before you throw yalls relationship away

• I mean before calling off the wedding I personally would want to get to the bottom of it.

• Sounds pretty fishy to me. A random number? Does he say those sorts of things to you? I would not appreciate my fiance talking like that to another woman either unless it was a relative (mom, sister, etc). Did you confront him? If not, you should. At the very least give him a chance to explain. There could be an innocent reason for it but you won't know unless you ask.

• No you aren't crazy, and he is lying.

• Do not do it. Maybe it is a stupid flirt or a guy who is acting stupidly towards her

• no you deserve to know what is going on

• Did you confront him?

• you don;t sound crazy at all.

• You're not crazy.

• You two should talk about it first and if it's still not clear maybe call the wedding of is a good idea. I don't want you to marry the wrong guy.