If you got married and your spouse changed. Would you be happy or sad?

Guy's version: How would you feel if your wife looked like this at age 20 when you met her

Fast foward 20+ years and she now looked like this at age 42:

While you started off like this (left) at age 20 and looked like the picture on the right at 42:

Girls how would you feel if your man looked like the picture on the left at age 20 when u met him but now looked like the picture on the right in his 40's. However, he is more successful, confident and treats you better in the relationship. While you look like Kate Beckinsale in her 40's.

• Happy
  • Sad

Most Helpful Girl

• All people change in appearance when they grow up. Their personality could change sometimes as well, but not as significantly.

If I choose to marry a guy, it is because I like him as person, and I realize that we both will grow up, get sick, and our looks will change. As long as he doesn't change as a person from the once loving, caring guy to a new person I have never loved, I don't see why I would stop loving him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Me trying to figure out what part of kate beckinsale has changed

http://replygif.net/i/1353.gif

cdn0.sbnation.com/.../wherestheball.gif

But in reply to your question, let me ask you, would you want your wife to leave you if you changed physically or mentally for whatever reasons

• Yes if those physical changes caused her to be unhappy sure.

• @BelleGirl21 she's beautiful. She's one of the few skinny actresses i really don't mind

• Can't force a person to stick with you if they are unhappy. There was a story of a dude who got crippled and his girlfriend tried the whole sticking by her man thing but became unhappy and miserable in the process. You gotta let people go than drag them down with you.

What Girls Said 17

• I guess it's like when you adopt a really cute pound puppy and it turns out to just be a generic looking mutt. You fell in love with them so looks don't really matter much at that point.

I know have to look at them for the rest of their life, but if you loved them enough to marry them, the last thing you should give a damn about is their hairlines.

Funny example though since usually men age better than women :)

• Well it's what happens when you age lol I guess you must be talking about physical appearance? Aslong as the inside of him doesn't change, and he is the person I very much still know, I wouldn't mind at all. I would still love him dearly

• The inside of people changes constantly throughout life, because we learn new things constantly and always adapt how we live based on that. ;)

• @frozenhorizon I know the whole self improving situation. But I don't think that would majorly alter ones self

• Changes come slowly and gradually ( most of the time anyway). we get used to the way out SO looks at the time. If along the way the relationship is enriched and the admiration has grown there shouldn't be an issue.
    That said, both man and women should make an attempt to look their best at any age.

• If my spouse changed for the better than good for them. But if they went from that dude above to what he looks like now, I'd worry a little. I probably wouldn't divorce him but I also probably wouldn't initiate sex as much lol sorry

• They can't change their genes, and I can't change mine. So, I would buy them some great night creams and get on with life. I love my partner for their inside not outside.

• I guess you'd have to hope you fell in love with the person. People change. We all get older. And Kate looks so amazing!

• Haha Prince William is very attractive today too. That's a bad photo.

• I would still be happy to be with them. Sadly you can't change how people look when you get older. Everyone becomes ugly after a certain age.

• Love is love. I married him, so unless he changed for the worst, I'd be happy. The way you described it, he definitely changed for the better.

• Why would I give a fuck, it's not like I'm going to look the same in 20 years. The fact is everyone ages. What's important is they stay the same on the inside.

• I wouldn't care about how they look.

• goddamn prince william was hot.

don't think i'd care. a good man is a good man.

• She still looks good but Will fell off the wayside

• i'd try hard not to let it go that far.

• I still fancy him lol, I'd be very happy :P Plus, I'd be a princess ;)

• Fairly neutral, as this all happens pretty gradually. But I do hope neither my partner or I get vastly overweight because I feel like that would make it hard to keep that sexual spark on the same level as before.

• Is he still my caring, respectful, loving man who treats me well? Then I would be happy and still in love with him.

What Guys Said 10

• It's much easier to accept the aging process of a SO if your with them everyday and see it as an over all picture

• I'd be happy about how she looks but depressed about how I look. Id probably look into getting a hair transplant or whatever the most effective hair-loss treatment happens to be at the time.

• Lol I don't know man, it depends!

• All would still be good at the crib cause my wife would be a ride-or-die. Plus she will never find another dude like me so I'm feeling good

• Depends on if they changed on the inside, but if they stayed the same on the inside than I'd be happy for both me and them that they look just as good at 40 as they did at 20.

• everyone changes with age some more than others. whats why i always when by the saying looks get old but personality is for a life time

• People mature, it's what happens.

• She looks great so I wouldn't have anything to complain about.
    If he'd get his teeth fixed he'd look fine.

• Yes I still be happy if she looks like that

• If she looked like Kate Beckinsale then I would be very happy!