Why does a man can you to marry them and then not want to set a date?

My partner asked me to marry him 5 and a half years ago. Still not set a date. My cousin got engaged after us and yet she is married all ready. Just want to start planning our big day x

Think he worries about the cost

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm I think they are still scared to make that final "plunge" 5 1/2 years is a long time, could you ask him why he is waiting or if he has any concerns

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• He thinks that if he carries on a long engagement, he'll never actually have to marry you. he's a slick one. I wouldn't stay engaged for longer than a year. If we couldnt afford the wedding in a year then we'd elope or something. 5 year engagement is absolutely ridiculous

• He is not serious then, u shouldn't wait more than month already, since he proposed there's no embarssing to u to set a date or teach him lesson

• R u stupid? U should get a lawyer and get some money and say goodbye. You can get money if you lived that long I think.