This is how we get married in Saudi Arabia, Any opinions?

Step1:
If based in relationship the groom family visit the bride family (act they don't know each other) and he most give her any gold to prove he is serious

if based in traditional. as example "my sister's friend proposed to me for her brother in law" then she let them call my mom and decide the date for the first met for me & the groom. If he like me he will give me the gold if I don't like him I'll leave the room (so sensitive lol)

Step2:
they decide for a males dinner date to read First page of Quran (only males) to make this marriage blessed. In that day they decide when to say "I do" then the groom & bride start talking as engaged

Step3:
They get married the groom give bride 10000$ if she divorced him she will return his 10000$ if he divorce her she will keep the mahr & without wearing white dress or moving toghether... They Just make sure if they like each other sexually & emotionally without the fancy things THEN...

Step4:
finally the wedding night+the pop up cherry night+ The honeymoon night

I guess it should be mytakes not question lol
Mmmm

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess they should save that 10k for future, not just give it away.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's Less religious, more traditional.

I didn't get the feels lol

What Guys Said 3

• In Arab culture as well as in Christianity, those jewels were (long ago) intended as a kind of insurance for the woman in case the husband runs away and leaves her with a child.

• Dumb, and illogical.

• to prove your love you pay them 10k? what..

• same as Dimond ring in yours

• YepYep

• Yep everything is optional even in divorce she could make conditions what to get if he divorce her rather than take his half property

What Girls Said 1

• If it works for you, do it. If not, do something else. The point of marriage is to be happy!