Is my husband crazy?

So people my husband for years feels that only he can have friendships with the opposite sex. He goes through my phone one day and sees that I have recently been having conversatings with the opposite sex. At this point though I'm in the wrong so much that he is checking my phone everyday and reading my messages constantly. Now we've been together for 13 years and I know he's had many conversations with many women and maybe more but it doesn't bother me. Can someone tell me what his problem is?

Most Helpful Guy

• His problem is that he's a dick.
    He is also resentful and does not trust you.

Although it will lead to more arguments, demand that he delete all female phone numbers off his phone. If he refuses, accuse him of cheating on you with those women and say he's a cheating bastard.
    Ask him why he's talking to other women unless he is cheating on you. When he says "they're just friends", respond with "so are my friends... they're just friends".

Trust is the core bond of your marriage. Almost all of my friends are girls, and my wife knows this. My groomsmen were all girls. When I get into one of my reclusive states where I don't go out to see anyone for weeks or months, my wife steals my phone, texts one of my girl friends and sets up a "date" so that I don't neglect my friends. That's the level of trust a marriage needs to survive.

What Guys Said 3

• this is only my view on this. whats good enough for the goose is good enough for the gander. he has a double standard when it comes to the both of you. for your mental health and well being iit might be time to think of a possible change in the relationship. were it might lead to you leaving. i have a feeling he is suppressing you in more than this one way. if he knows you want to leave it will probley get worse before it gets better. eather way you have to learn to stand up for your self.

• I think the problem is talking to the opposite sex. Maybe the time y'all spend talking to the opposite sex can be changed by talking to each other. I believe this is a simple step to fix y'all relationship problem.

• lol sounds like @Bellegirl21
    Anyways yeah sounds like he is very controlling and doesn't seem like a healthy relationship where you are respected

What Girls Said 5

• He's jealous and does not trust you.

He clearly trusts himself (with these women) but he doesn't trust you with these men.

I would bring this up to him.
    This is something that needs to be spoken about.

If someone wants to cheat... they will cheat (not saying you will)
    But do people really think checking a phone? Is going to prevent someone from picking themselves up and seeing someone else?

If he can't trust you, then your relationship doesn't have much to stand on.
    You need to talk to him and he has to stop going through your phone.

• He's just jealous and insecure really it more says a lot more about him then you. I would definitely say something about it

• I have a horrible feeling he is judging you on himself, has he ever cheated on you?

• Either that or he's just extremely hypocritical.
      But what you said was my first reaction, too.

• Honestly, I'm feeling more that he probably was cheated on in the past not him cheating.

• More like a hypocrite

• He needs to get over his own issues. I feel bad for you.