What do you say to someone when they're sad?

My wife has been feeling sad all day. She said she doesn't know why she's sad. Right now she's feeling cold we just came in its not even 20 degrees outside. But she wanted to go out. We had our coats and stuff on she still got cold. She's in the bedroom now she's still feeling a little cold. How can I comfort her? What should I say to her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn, just cuddle her. It's not rocket science. Intimacy like that could really help.

Most Helpful Guy

• You tell them "Don't be sad, it will all get better". Very cliché i know ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Could be winter sadness. Not getting enough sun makes some people depressed in the colder months. But actually going for walks is good for that so that she gets as much light as possible :)

Just be there for her and give her a hug and let her know u are always there for her. If she keeps feeling sad for no reason maybe suggest she see a doctor for a check up.

• Maybe she just needs some space and some time alone. Maybe she's moody, maybe she's depressed. You could try to cheer her up by making her favorite meal

• If she likes hugs , hug her.
    Make her a hot drink that she likes.

What Guys Said 0