Do you go with your husband everywhere, my husband dosn't let me go anywhere without him , do married couples have to go everywhere together?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're married to a control freak. You'll probably have to get away from him, assuming the abuse escalates.

Most Helpful Girl

• Life would really not be much fun that way.

The foundation for a good life together, is already having good lives separately. End of story.

When you have small children, things are a little different. In that case, yr probably gna have to spend most of yr time together, for logistical reasons if nothing else. But, that doesn't seem to be the situation here, from what I can tell anyway (you would've mentioned small kids if they were in the picture).

What Guys Said 8

• no you dont. she goes to work, shopping, her friends house, etc all by herself. she's a big girl she can handle it. just like when i do these things i'm big enough to do them by myself.
    to me someone who is like that is ether untrusting or is being repressive of the other person.

• Sounds like emotional abuse is likely happening. :( Can you get out?

No, I don't need to go everywhere my girl goes. Healthy people trust their partners.

• No it shouldn't me so. Try and establish a higher level of trust, prove it to him that everything is safe. Talk to him, and make sure if he agrees that you do not abuse the trust and do not spend the whole time outside.

• No you should be able to go places alone. You kind of need that small alone time as a person. It's unhealthy to be around someone all the time. I'm single though so there is an off side to being alone so appreciate your companion at the same time.

• That's pretty crazy stuff in the West. Most married people do go places without their spouse.

• I am with my wife most of the time but that is because we really want to be with each other. But I don't get concerned at all if she goes out without me. The only time I might get wary woukd be if she was going to a club or bar without me.

• You should have time together with or without friends, time with just your friends and he needs time with just his friends

• No that is unhealthy at best.

What Girls Said 6

• Nope i go to netball 3-4x a week and have girl time on Sunday late morning with my friends.. he has his things he does afew hours during the week too its good gives us things to talk about

• No they don't. I'm not married but I live with my boyfriend. Yes, we do a lot of things together but I also have my life and do a lot of stuff on my own. He's not my dad but my partner.

• It's possible I guess he enjoy taking control of ur life. Tell him u want to miss each other & feel action. So if he don't trust u. Keep sending him ur GPS location & Snaps anytime he ask you or call you...
    Excuse him please men can't trust girls It sounds he love u so much and can't handle losing u.
    Marriage need understand how to make middle solution if u have different needs in life.

• Eugh!!! I couldn't stand it, I'd feel so smothered

• That's fucked up

• Sometimes one has to go alone.
    I would not go to his family parties alone.

But if it's doctor's appointment/shopping whatever, and we have safe/good transportation, I can go alone.