Girls, when you promise a guy certain things once you're married, is that genuine or just to get us to marry you?

Say my girlfriend was saying that "Once we are married we can have sex as often as you want." While I trust her, I am a very trusting person. I have also talked to other people who have gotten married, and they say she is just saying that because she wants to be married.

Marriage is a big step and I do want to take it but I want to ensure that the woman I take it with is the woman I love, and a woman who is honest with me. If she just said it to get me to marry her I need to know before I propose. Is something like this genuine, or does she just want to be married?

• Yes she is being honest, lots of women do that.
    79% (11)
  • No, she just wants to be married.
    21% (3)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted Yes but when i realized u both had sex few time. Then No she is using sex against u. if a girl in moral standards issue then believe her for sure

• So if she was waiting until marriage, that would be much more likely to be honest. I see, thank you.

• Thank You for MHO 🌹

What Girls Said 7

• I just don't think you should set rules and promises, if you guys are already having sex then it should be a type of bribe thing.. just to get married. If you aren't, then I would rather she just not say it and prove it because she loves you, not because she's married.

• But is she being honest, or just manipulating me? We do have sex, but not that often and she isn't very into trying new things in the bedroom.

• Then yes I think she's using sex against you.

• When I gert married I want to be married to that one person for the rest of my life. I would rather remain single than just marry someone for the sake of being married.

I'd make an effort to keep my promises. Not because it's my duty , or because it was a fake promise just to get a ring on my finger , but because I'd want him to know how much I love him, and how much he means to me.

• Well, if you make the decision to marry her based on her promise to have as much sex as you want, you probably shouldn't marry her. You should be marrying her for other reasons.

Anyway, it depends on the girl, we have literally no way to know if she's lying, despite what some guys seem to think we don't all have telempathy with other women through our vaginas.

• Lol I know, but I have never been good at reading women, to my own detrement. I just want to know if she is being honest, because I wouldn't marry a woman who lies and tries to manipulate like that. I ask women because you are much better at reading other women than we men are.

• Marriage is not going to drastically change your relationship. If you have issues before getting married, like an unfulfilled sex life, it's not going to magically become better just because you put a ring on it.

• Well right now its more of me being unfulfilled, she loves what I do to her, but she doesn't like to do stuff for me.

• How much you discussed regarding your unhappiness with your sex life? Does she know that you want her to reciprocate more? Does she think it's the guy's job to do all the work?

• She says she will try harder. She doesn't say she thinks its the guys job, just kind of a vibe I get from her at times.

• If I promised my SO that it would be before marriage AND after. Marriage won't change how often we fuck. I'll give them oral just cause I wanna and we can fuck whenever they want. If we're married or not

• Hard to say if I said that it would be true, because I don't care about marriage

• Honestly, this is hard to say because she could mean it right now, but there is no way for her to guarantee her desire for sex will constantly be high forever. It's not very fair of her to make such bold promises. Don't marry her for promises, marry her if you want to marry her. Tell her she should probably chill out on making such hard promises to keep. I use to want sex every single day. But being pregnant with my son changed my hormones and made me not want any at all! Imagine if I had promised my husband endless sexy beforehand! She probably has good intentions but she is setting herself up for failure because everyone has their ups and downs so she should be promising rainbows and butterflies because marriage is a combo of rainbows and hurricanes, butterflies and cockroaches.

• Shouldn't be*

• I have heard that happens temporarily agter some women have a baby. Of it is longer than a few months I would consult a Dr.

So you think she means it, but will change her mind afterwards? I love her but she is flaky.

• I don't know her personally so I can't say, but you shouldn't be marrying her because she is promising sex. If you believe marrying one person forever then you will need to accept the fact that people grow and change just like you will. Plus, I doubt she is going to want sex everyday when she's 80. Let me quote a Disney movie, "Forever is a long time, and time has a way of changing things." Don't marry her for promises. Marry her because you love her. Love her for who she is, not who she says she will be.