What would you think if a husband didn't post his wife or child on his social media?

Is he cheating or planing to leave?

It appears to others he is a single man and he does use social media often.
e it shows he is not proud of his family if not post you wife post your child. I see too many men who are very proud to show off their family because that apart of them

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's weird that people post pictures like that online for the world. Privacy is apparently a thing of the past. People don't think they exist unless they post themselves and others online. I would show family picture to.. you know, actual family. Not a bunch of random people online.

My personal life is my business. I don't need to keep the world up to date on what is happening in my life. Those people who matter or care, already know that.

Most Helpful Girl

• In his mind he is still single, he sees his image as that of a single man. I'd say it's a red flag

What Guys Said 11

• He is protecting y'all privacy. If I had kids I wouldn't post pics of them online either. The whole world or your little social group don't need to know y'all business. Your friends irl will know anyways if they are close enough

• Why? does he have to? I mean it's not a must that he has to show his status and his personal life on social media, not everyone is like that. It doesn't mean he is cheating or something.

• I don't have my status set on Facebook and I don't really post pics of us together and we've been together for years now

I don't think it means anything whatsoever, lol

• no I wouldn't either
    I don't trust people in real life what makes you think I'll trust them online lol

• It's because you're all his private life which has sod all to do with anyone else.
    It's not that he's ashamed of you or playing away from home he just what's to keep his private life private.

• It means literally nothing social media is not real life its what he does in person that counts.

• i dont even post myself i post my dog :-)

• I would think he hasn't grown up yet and doesn't onow the value of family.

• may be the wife is too ugly. jk

• Ask him to? You are probably worried too much,

• Well, you might wonder.

But a lot of people avoid putting their kids up because weirdos.

And they may not put their partner up if she doesnt' also use social media a lot, because she hasn't asked to have her pic slapped around.

What Girls Said 8

• I have posted a grand total of 0 pictures of my kids to my social media.

Where do I start?

First, it sets a bad example. It really does. Right from the start, yr teaching yr kids that they need to always put on that fake-happy-face!! for the camera, rather than just living their authentic life and feeling their authentic feelings.
    Our culture has already devolved to the point where fame is the single thing that young people value the most (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22182297) Should we start promoting that from birth? You tell me.

Second, it just gets in the way of parenting, too. When I'm at my kids' events, I know exactly which parents are the social media fiends, because they're the parents who can't just enjoy the show. Can't just watch their own kid's game/performance/recital/etc. Nope, they gotta hold up that stupid little grainy screen and take 40 minutes of crappy video. Robbing THEMSELVES of the experience, too. Ugh.

Third, who the hell knows where my kids' pictures would end up. The internets are all in one piece, and there are some weird sick people out there. I'd really rather not have to even think about that, tyvm.

Fourth, bullies are fucking relentless. Post a cute nickname on a picture? There's YEARS of torment, right there, that you just heaped on that kid's shoulders. Congratulations. Weaknesses? Shortcomings? Hell, even a bad picture? Yup. Just don't. Don't even.

Fifth, who knows what sorts of private details people are collecting from yr pictures. Or what kinds of things might be reprehensible or even illegal down the road, even.
    Like these (mommyshorts.com/.../...they-were-taken-today.html) which are presented as humorous, but times change, and shit can come back to haunt you. You never know. And once something's on the internets, it's forEVER.

Do I make myself clear? DO NOT POST YOUR KIDS TO SOCIAL MEDIA, EXCEPT PERHAPS IN SANITIZED FAMILY PHOTOS. Really... don't do it. Don't. Don't do it.

As for the wife, that is really between him and his wife. Maybe SHE doesn't want to be plastered all over his social media? Maybe she just isn't that type of public person? Maybe he has political views that could rub off negatively in her profession (e. g., she's an academic and he's a hardcore NRA type conservative)?
    That's not for you to judge. That's solely between him and her, and that's it. There are exactly 2 opinions in the world that count, there.

I can see (from yr responses to the other opinions) that you seem to have yr mind already made up, here. But please reconsider. Thank you.

• What's with thus generation and needing to share everything? He could just be a private person, it doesn't have to mean anything.

• I would think he's respectful of his family and doesn't feel the need to show his life to the world.

• To me it shows he is not proud of his family if not post you wife post your child. I see too many men who are very proud to show off their family because that apart of them

• so if you had a kid you would not be proud to show them off as a mother?

• On contrary. I would love them so much that I wouldn't want them exposed on the Internet. I already know I won't post their face online.

• I don't really give a shit. How the hell does that imply he's thinking about cheating? lol

• You are 18 with no family so you opinion is not valid

• Yea you're not married with children so you have no clue gtfo

• and I'm not planning on it either but at least I have enough common sense to not ask stupid questions like this.

• Maybe be just thinks his love for you both is his business. You should really talk to him and ask him why he doesn't post you both but I don't think this is very strange if he doesn't use social media often.

• I think it's possible he's putting up a false front, but it's also possible he's trying to remain professional rather than personal, or that he wants to protect them. Internet security is a much bigger problem than most people think - especially on social media. It really depends on what he does post, but I would probably first assume the security thing.

• Protecting their privacy

• All you need to worry about is whether his profile says single, in a relationship, or married. That's the main thing. If he hasn't even selected married or changed it he wants other women to see it and that's when you have something to worry about.