Guys, Would you date a woman who dislikes children and won't even think about having them?

Guys, would you be with a woman like me who dislikes children and never wants to have them?

I just don't see any point in them!

• I'd marry her.
    44% (47)
  • No I can't
    56% (59)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I'd prefer a girl who doesn't want kids.

They cost tons of money, theyre annoying, and we already have enough people on the planet. Also I know I dont have that paternal instinct that other people seem to have.

What Guys Said 53

• That would be the only kind of woman I would be interested in. I believe that having children is morally wrong. No one ever stops to think if having children is moral. It's just something you do. It's just something you want. An instinct so intimate to our existence, that it requires no thought. No real thought. Only thought of how to have a baby and how to raise it.

There is no benefit to existing over never having existed. Life is pain. That pain might be worthwhile, but given the routine pains everyone goes through, along with the quite severe ones: being brutally raped or murdered or tortured, getting cancer at 3 years old, being born with Downs or some other awful disease. There are babies who are born with their organs on the outside of their body. There are babies addicted to crack. There are people who have Huntington's disease and decide it's still a good thing to have a baby, even though the baby has a 50% chance of getting it, too. The level of profound suffering that exists in this world. It's simply unimaginable to me that someone would think a baby would be better off existing rather than never existing. But like I said, they don't think about that.

Having a baby is playing Russian Roulette with the gun aimed not at your head, but at the head of your future offspring.

People who have children are mindless, selfish, irrational people. I would never be interested in them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! CAN'T DOWNVOTE ME BITCHES!

• Wouldn't downvote you if I could, you're welcome to say what you please and you have a valid point.

If it doesn't go by your moral compass to breed, by all means don't.

• @DEEEE2 Obviously you say that without a downvote button. :P

• /downvote :P

seriously tho.. you drive a good point and i even agree with you !

• I think for some people whether to have children or not can be a dealbreaker but for me personally if I was in love with the girl, I would work on it with her. We would sit down and talk it out to decide the best way forward for both of us with the onus being put on trying to stay together regardless of what the issue is.
    To be 100% honest, I have no fixed ideas about children, I will not think about it until we are in a place when a decision would have to be made. The only time it ever came up before was in a very dysfunctional relationship I had where I felt the offer to have a child was a tactic to keep me in a relationship, I loved her but I was not sure she loved me but she felt "safe and secure" with me, she had a troubled background and was a lot younger than me. I think she viewed me as a father or big brother figure but was afraid of losing me so assumed the role of girlfriend to keep me there,
    It was hard for me to be relationship like that and the relationship self destructed for that reason and lots of others.
    Maybe it is my age but at the moment I have no fixed intentions of "Having" or "Not Having" children.

• Dislike is a strong word. I have no hate or dislike for kids. I love them but NEVER ever want them of my own.

I wish there were more women like you, I find women who doesn't want kids hard to come by.

• I am too afraid the child would suffer with the issues I had as a child. Granted, most of those issues were due to abuse I suffered, but I see genetic curses in both my mother and father that I could never, in good conscience, pass down to my children.

• Left an otherwise (mostly) good relationship for this reason... As a casual dating relationship for fun it's fine by me, but if it's getting serious then we need to be on the same page as far as that goes, and I would like to have kids. Nothing personal, just not the right match, ya know? There's plenty of guys out there who feel the same as you, and plenty of women out there who want kids the same way I do.

• absolutely not. i don't intend to ever have any, but i am not opposed to it. and as for not only not wanting kids, but not liking any kids? look, if i have to choose between my 2 year old toddler niece, or the woman I am with, the bitch is getting thrown out of the house.

• "I'd marry her." If i wanted to get marry. SInce I wouldn't have to worry about her trying to trap me with a baby that I didn't probably want in the 1st place.

• I've never had an overwhelming desire to have children. I'm not totally against it, but it would have to be something that SHE *really, REALLY* wanted, and if not, I'm fine without them.

• Well, that's one of my standards that I have for the kind of woman I want in my life, but that's just 1 standard.

However I never want to date, I never want to be in love and I just want to stay single till death so no I won't date her.

• If I date her, I'd know we have an expiration date. I can't be with someone that doesn't want kids, my main goal is to start a family, so I can't marry someone that won't make me happy.

• i can date her its only a date but Marry I will never do that because I love kids

• I would marry you! Not into kids either!

• No I'm not sure I could. Long term I mean.

Kids are both for continuing the family bloodline and for me to have a purpose in life

• Yes I would date a woman who doesn't want kids. I like kids but I don't want to father a child or raise children. I have total respect for a woman's decision to not have kids.

• Attractive women who never want to have kids are kind of a waste.

I mean, who better to have kids? Hot women, or ugly women? Do you want the next generations to be cute or fugly? Seriously. It's like when Hollywood actresses adopt five kids from africa instead of having their own kids, such a loss.

• Dislike Children?
    gifrific.com/.../Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif
    I don't know, I'd love to have kids some day...
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...a0hqxpuB1r4ii24_500.gif
    I'll get back to you on that!

• Please Marry me!

• Unfortunately I would not. Passing on my genes is something I intend to do in the future.

• My girlfriend does not want kids, however she loves my daughter.

At least you are not allowing children to dictate your life, I am sure that will be a huge plus to many men.

• Yeah, my child wish is limited as well... of course it should not go that far that if by coincidence there are children around her, she runs away or becomes rude towards them :o
    She'll have to be a little diplomatic in such conditions :D

• No, I wouldn't. I would respect her decision and even applaud it, but I certainly would not date her.

• I'd be completely fine with that, since I already have two grown kids and have no intention of having any more.

• Probably not... that sounds very cold, besides its nice to pass on your life experiences and wisdom to a mini you

• There should only be one of me.

• Not wantintg them for reasons like she's a scientist for example is fine because her time is then too valuable and having kids will diminsh the good she can bring to people... but just to flop around the house and look pretty... lol... not sure about that

• There is no wrong reason for not bringing a child into an overpopulated planet.

• I'm looking for that. I don't want kids myself. While I don't really mind them too much, they can be agitating at times.

• The things kids do, make noise, make messes, break things.

If they aren't doing anything to annoy me, they are just mobile scenery to me basically. Like cars, I don't usually examine the cars that are in my visual area, but I'm aware of their presence.

• Nope, that's my top dealbreaker.

• Date yes, marry no

• I plan on being an elementary school teacher, so all my love for kids can bloom in the classroom

Otherwise, if she doesn't want kids, she'd better be a hell of a person and a goddess among lovers

• I don't want kids so that would be fine. So it really depends what the guy your with wants.

• That's the only kind of woman for me, I don't want kids either.

• Right now i don't really want kids, of course my opinion can change, but right now i stay away from kids

• More from Guys
    23