When did you and your significant other get married? / When do you plan on getting married or proposing?

• I'm married.
  • I'm engaged.
  • I'm in a relationship but not engaged (yet).
  • Dating but don't plan on getting married.
  • I'm a single pringle.
  • F**K MARRIAGE. F**K RELATIONSHIPS. I'm done with love. *cries*
  • I'm a potato and potatoes don't get married or fall in love

Most Helpful Guy

• Going into 4 years of marriage, was just about 30 at the time, and 7 years of being together (and 5 living together).

I was really reluctant to get married. I had enough friends at the time, many of them getting married, and I saw one pair of love birds after another growing distant after marriage (with or without kids). I was afraid to ruin what we had.

I didn't know what changed. I thought maybe nothing, since my now-wife and I were living together. We're both independent people, work separate jobs (she's a book publisher/editor, I'm a software developer). I thought that'd be it, we'd just do some paperwork and have a wedding. Yet there was something that made me fear marriage anyway.

But then finally got married, and I didn't do that to "cement our love" or anything like that. I did it for practical reasons: my career was getting stable and I wanted to get a house together.

And then things changed. Shared income was a big change for me, meaning I can't just go bar-hopping with the guys anymore -- waste of "our" money and also just didn't seem right keeping the *wife* waiting/worrying at home. Mostly I just always feel the need to consider her side with everything now. I do miss being wild and single.

But that didn't really stop us from being happy. We always had a very open stream of communication, and I think that helped the most from keeping us ever growing distant, like so many of my friends who got married and then ended up on a bitter note.

That said, I'm only into the 4th year now so I'll need some more time to find out for sure, but I can't ever imagine us separating. We're partners for life now.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am in a relationship, though not engaged yet.

we've talked about marriage at length and, recently, he's said some things that have lead me to believe that it's coming, likely within the year (recently, he asked what my ring size is and what kind of gemstone i wanted, though my birthday is next week and we both agree that holiday/birthday proposals are tacky).

i will likely be 30-31 by the time i walk down the aisle. a lot of people think it's weird that, at my age, this will be my first (and only) marriage, but i'm honestly glad that i waited for the right person.

What Guys Said 9

• I have been dating a lady for 8 months and I am very happy with her. However, I was divorced one year ago, and I must follow the warning that I give all of my divorce clients.

People are tempted to remarry to show that they can have a successful relationship and, therefore, prove that the divorce was not their fault. That is a horrible idea and you should not consider remarriage for at least two years after a divorce becomes final.

• i voted "i'm married"
    we got married 2.5 years ago and my wife turned out to be a verbally and emotionally abusive woman and cheated on me with the same guy that she says she had feelings for since before we got married and lost those feelings 3 months ago. and she took my son and left two weeks ago and now she wants me to take her back.
    but NO im not. i just dont want to go back to the life i lived for the past 2.5 years wearing the skirt and her wearing the pants.
    so i would chose DIVORCING.

• I know sorry doesn't do anything but I am so sorry for your situation. Don't give up. Its totally unfair for you to have lost your son.

• i will propose when i think we are ready for it

• i met her when she was 17 and i was 19 we got married as soon after she got out of school

• I have always been single, I never had a woman in my life and I never plan to get married either.

• Single Pringle lol Good selection to choose from lol

• I do not believe in marriage in today's dating climate.

• I'm probably not getting married at this point.

• Single, but marriage is dumb and useless.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm in a relationship but not engaged no.

I want to be married and to have children. My other half has different opinions on it though... he has said from the beginning he would consider it because it's something that's important to me. When we were on holiday he admitted he was thinking of asking me a certain question, but I personally don't think it will be for some time yet. He is very much one for plans - he believes if we have children we must own our own home, be married, be financially secure, etc.

• Oh wow, uh, I dunno. I'd rather we had been together for five years before marriage and we've been together four years now, so I'd rather wait another year and finish university before proposing/being proposed to.

• I know my boyfriend and I aren't thinking of engagement or marriage until we're both finished college and established a job in our fields.

• i have a boyfriend but totally not planning on getting married any time soon. someday though :)

• We married last year.

• I'm currently in a relationship but no plans for marriage as of right now. I would have to be with someone for a long time before I would be ready to take that next step. I would want both of us to be 100% sure about it.

• 100% sure will probably never happen. If you ever get to 99% sure, you are more confident than most people.

• I'm a single pringle. Currently I need a break from relationships and want to be single for a while until I find the right one. :)

• I'm not engaged yet but we do intend to get married so hopefully it'll happen soon ^_^

• Potato :3

• Around 20-23