Do sluts (women who sleep arpund have self respectand self esteem?

• They have low self esteem for making their bodies cheap and available for many men
  • They have low self respect for letting men use them as sex objects. Men think sluts are useful only for sex
  • They have high self esteem for thinking their bodies are fantastic enough to be available for many men
  • They have high self respect for pleasuring men and getting pleasure,.
  • 1 and 2
  • 3 and 4

Most Helpful Girl

• I just find it funny that expressing an opinion (one that opposes sleeping around casually - aka "slut") is called "slut shaming"

Like, no, I am not slut shaming you. I am against people being sluts, but I will not be mean or shame you for it. I think it is wrong to be easy and I think it shows a sign of little self-respect. But I am not shaming you! You can do whatever you want, I don't care. But for "sluts" to expect me to agree with them and their life style or else saying that I'm slut shaming is ridiculous. I guess I have to agree with whatever anyone says or else be called an X shamer. Anyone with an opposing opinion is a shamer!

You disagree with me? You are a "prude" shamer!!

• I am so glad to see young wise women. I bet most women in their 40s don't have the half of your maturity.

• @ikissedtheskyonce By definition a slut is someone with many sexual partners. That is what I am referring to. Although, I do find that exposing your body (or in other words, dressing like you are easy/slutty) is wrong.

But, like I said, I am not going to shame anyone who does it. My personal opinion should be irrelevant to what you think if you think those actions are perfectly okay.

• How about you stop assuming things about my views and be mature and actually learn to read instead of getting ok the defensive

What Guys Said 8

• What does that have to do with them getting some dick? I mean who says they can't just fuck ____ and go on about their day like nothing ever happened? And im guessing that's the case for most if nto all of them. But overall who cares? And I love when so called "normal girls" try to force their #Prude views upon the so called sluts of the world now LOL.

• If she isn't having any unwanted babies or passing around STDs like a mailman I dont see why it matters ^_^

• @Mekkalyn It wasn't meant towards you.. lol.

• lol you think I feel lust for unattractive random guys? lol. If I fall in love with someone I will want to discover his nature and get close to him

• No idea!

• Nah, they just happen to love sex but prefer to sacrifice a meaningful connection to avoid the responsabilities of a relationship.

I wouldn't date them but I don't judge them. Everyone has different mentalities.

• What has that got to do with being promiscuous?

They like sex, has nothing to do with it!

• Yes, in my experience (~327 women), most of them had daddy issues.

• 1 and 2. i voted for 2, though.

• 1 and 2

• in my opinion most promiscuous girls are either:

1. She has low self esteem and is using sexual relationships to fill a hole in her heart (no pun intended). Possible roots from an unhealthy upbringing where her parents were absent and not available to her emotional needs, especially her father.

2. She has high self esteem and just likes sex just as much as men do and isn't afraid to express her sexuality

• High esteem is high value. Do you think letting random guys inside her increases her self esteem?

• Someone with low self esteem will easily mistake anyone who gives them attention as someone who values them.

What Girls Said 8

• i think it depends on their reason for sleeping around. some girls sleep around because they want to and they enjoy it, others do because they need validation (low self esteem). but regardless of the reason, i don't think it says anything about self respect.

• It could be all, none, one, or more of those reasons. A wo/man who has multiple partners is not wrong. The ones that I've spoken to have high self-esteem and indulge in physical pleasures rather than restrict themselves.

I would rather them be that way instead of having no self-esteem and letting men ravage their body so that they can feel that someone appreciates them.

• I don't get your last statement

• I don't know, but labelling women as sluts is very sexist and backward of you

• It's funny how women slut Shame yet women idolize Marilyn Monroe and Kim kardashian who are known as sluts

• Do you really think the women that slut shame aren't also slut shaming Marilyn Monroe and Kim K? If not, then your point is irrelevant. If so, then you are ridiculous lol

• @Mekkalyn my point was relevant enough for you to reply. Obviously you lack reading comprehension. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of women

• @Mekkalyn pretty sure you are ridiculous and are just mad because you have no logical counterpoints :)

• WTF? Sex has zero to do with self respect. As long as someones being clean, and consensual about it, it's no ones business besides them and their partner (s) how much dick or vag they're getting. But ey haters gonna hate.

• G none of the above. Who gives a shit about sleeping around and having multiple partners. Welcome to the 21st century. Do you call men who sleep around sluts? Women can enjoy sex just as much as men and still have high esteem and self respect. Do you think that men that sleep around only get self respect and high self esteem because they sleep with multiple women? no. Self esteem and self respect have nothing to do with how many sexual partners youve had

• Whay does the 21th century have to do here. So in the 21th century it is normal to be cheap?

• Some of the one night stands I've had were way more enjoyable then sex with my boyfriend

• How come? Lol were they models? Did they know your turn ons better than your bf?

• I vote G: Sleeping around has nothing to do with self respect or self esteem, it's just about enjoying sex.
    no one suggests a man doesn't have self respect if he sleeps around. The male commenter who supposedly had sex with 327 women... do you think he's a slut with no self respect? Sex is a HUMAN desire not just a male desire.

If you see sex as a meaningful and value thing that shouldn't be done with random people, that's great. Don't have sex with random people. But don't call people names just because they see sex differently than you. SELF respect and SELF esteem are both subjective... which means it can be different for each individual person so people can't decide when someone is lacking self respect.

• if you are okay with getting no respect, then you don't have self respect

• but why do you care? that's what I don't get. how does it affect you?

To me, that's like a vegan caring about whether X eats dairy products and then treats them poorly because of it. Or someone on a diet getting upset over another person eating chocolate cake.

I'd have the same opinion if a person with many sex partners started criticizing a virgin and calling them an uptight prude. It's not right.

Everyone is different. We all have different opinions and make different choices. We shouldn't treat each other poorly or think of each other as less than just because we don't live the same way.

• It afects me in a way that makes me decide if I should talk or ignore that person

• vote G: none of the above