How would you feel about getting or buying an engagement for men?

• I would love getting /receiving a ring
    60% (6)44% (4)53% (10)Vote
  • I would feel weird about it
    10% (1)44% (4)26% (5)Vote
  • other (please explain below)
    30% (3)12% (1)21% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• That's such a cool idea! I think it's nice that both people get a ring or something that is commemorative for them.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't like breaking that tradition of a man asking a woman to marry. I think it's important to a woman and a man to know that the man made the decision to ask and isn't simply trying to please a woman by saying yes to an engagement he never intended to fulfill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just more money out of my pocket and into big-gem...

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like DeBeers is trying to get more of people's hard earned money.

0|0
    0|0
  • No just no!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Sure, but I wouldn't ask him to marry me or dispense with the ritual of him asking and putting earnest money down on me in the form of a ring. My youth is precious to me. I can't get it back if he fritters it away by dragging out dating or not making concrete plans. I can't have a family with someone, possibly forever, if he wastes my time and isn't serious. He can. He can go off and marry someone 20-30 years later and have a family, but women time out. The traditional engagement ring shows he means it and he is not playing with my life and emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Initially if my boyfriend wanted one, then that's okay too!

0|0
    0|0
  • It kinda weird but for me it's ok.
    when i love someone, I just want to make him happy.
    Men don't always have to start everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • My fiancé proposed and then a few months later like 2 I bought him an engagment ring

0|0
    0|0