I'm 18 and want to get married?

My boyfriend is way older and wants it too, a lot - we've talked about it.

I love him so much and I feel that we were made for each other. We've been together for a few months.

Am I being crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. If you can't rent a car without surcharge, you can't get married.

What Guys Said 17

• All I can say is from my own personal experience. I am engaged at the moment and getting married in April. I knew after a few months that I wanted to marry him, so I know it isn't totally crazy to think that so quickly. However we've been together for a year and a half now so we didn't just rush into it.

I don't think you're crazy but I would caution you to wait a bit before you actually get married.

• no my wife was 19 when we got married and that was over 20 years ago. just make sure you finish high school and also make sure he will be supportive of any future plans you might have. example school or job.

• Well, I think you are still very young to consider marriage, there is of course nothing wrong in wanting to get married, but perhaps you should concentrate on making yourself independent and on building towards having a stable career.

• You need to be with this guy through good times and bad in order to know him well enough. Wait at least a year and a half, girl.

• Good for you. And YES :) you are both mentally insane and perhaps borderline retarded <3 so happy for the both of you :]

• "A few months" isn't very conclusive.

• You're jumping the gun, a little. A few months isn't near enough time to truly know if you can trust him or not, the relationship is in its adolescence.

• I would wait till you are like in your mid 20's at least before you get married. But nothing is stopping you from living a married life. Marriage is just a piece of paper that makes it official, you don't have to be married to live together

• Are you Vanessa Huxtable marrying Dabnis Brickey? Make sure you tell your parents about him.

• Yup bat shit crazy. Don't do it, wait at least 2 years before entertaining the idea.

• You should wait until you have been together for a least a year before you start thinking of marriage

• You both are living a intense romance, it's normal. I would say... do it. Why not?

• Just avoid spend lots of money, go really simple.
      If things don't work out, you both end it a try to be friends, or just continue to date.

• Just date first, thats so stupid.

• Few months is too little. Believe me.

• It's wayy too early enjoy life first

• if it is for only sex then yeah its crazy

• You're 18 and have life to go

What Girls Said 10

• Its a bad idea to marry somebody after a couple of months especially if he is a lot older than you because guys like that usually prey on younger girls who are easier to control and completely dependent on them for financial and material resources. Tell him if he wants to marry you he will have to wait 2 years.

• Right now you're in the honeymoon stage where probably even his bad habits look alright to you.
    It lasts a while but if you can always appreciate that till the end then yeah why not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdELZxEnHY

• Yes. You are only 18 and haven't experienced the workd yet. I always say you should at least wait till you're 24. you're still a kid right now and hey in 5 years you might be a different person once you experienced life from being out on your own

• Oh jesus take me from this planet girllllllllll THAT'S SO IGNORANT you're 18 go study to have a status in society, to pee money later better than to marry and have kids then your life will have no meaning go have fun live this damn life and think later about marriage geeezz

• Meh.

It takes years to truly get to know someone. If you are meant to be together and will be together forever then you can get married a year from now or 5 years from now. There is no need to rush into it.

:\

• ya gurl you're nuts

• May I ask how old he is?

And to be fair, my coworker is 20 & her husband is 29.

• Do not do it!!!
    You need to be independent first and learn to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else. You are at a age where everything is about instant gratification. If you get married now you will be depending on a man that's a no no you need to work on you first unless you want to be 25 eight 3 kids alone working at A dead end job.

• yes probably. You've only known each other for a few months and honestly, that is still the honeymoon stage. you're 18, you still have so much to experience and being married to someone limits what you do because you have to consider that person into your future decisions. Marriage is a beautiful thing, it really is, but it's also hard. I know you're in love with this guy but you need to see him at his absolute worst and still have unconditional love. A few months doesn't seem like you'd really know him.

• That's the honeymoon phase talking. You should wait.