I'm curious how guys would feel about being proposed to. I may eventually propose to my boyfriend, since I am more interested in actually marrying than he is, though I'm sure he would say yes and he will probably purpose eventually. I doubt he will propose for at least 3 or 4 years, whereas I'd like to get engaged a bit sooner than that (but don't mind waiting if he really really wants to).
I was thinking that I'd buy a ring a year or so from now and if he hasn't proposed in 2 or 3 years, when it feels right, pop the question.
Ladies - your opinions are welcome as well :)
- I'd love it!27% (4)28% (10)27% (14)Vote
- I'd be taken aback but still say yes7% (1)25% (9)20% (10)Vote
- I'd feel like she took an opportunity away from me, but still say yes7% (1)17% (6)14% (7)Vote
- I'd feel like she took an opportunity from me and I would say no7% (1)8% (3)8% (4)Vote
- I'd be turned right off and break up0% (0)6% (2)4% (2)Vote
- I'd say yes but propose back later on with my own ring13% (2)14% (5)14% (7)Vote
- Other39% (6)2% (1)13% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Most Helpful Girl
I asked a questions similar to this a few years ago. I got a lot of the same responses from guys, they would say not to propose.
The reasons I got were because it's the one thing out of the whole wedding process that guys get to do. It's something they can plan out.
I'm all for gender equality and I think there are definitely guys out there who would b ok with you proposing. But proposing to a guy to speed the process a long is a bad idea.
Plus to me I would feel much more special if I was the person being proposed to because they picked me! Lol. It sounds silly, but that's how I would feel.1