Give 3 reasons , why don't you want to get married?

👍👍👍👍👍👍

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage has seemed to change for the worse now a days, I know many married people that cheat on their spouses and want something on the side, and lastly I don't need some form of paper to change my last name and be called a family. I can change my last name if I want without marriage.

• This is something I can cetaintly relate to.

• @Hagone Yes obviously people will cheat, but you can never be too sure. Marriage doesn't mean they won't but morally it will reflect more poorly when married not that cheating in general is right, people are just screwed in the end lol.

• @Cmasterson yeah true, we can only do our best and hope for the best

What Girls Said 16

• Right now I don't want to get married because I would rather put my schooling first and establish myself into a career I want. I also want to travel a bit before I get married.

• Nah, I want to get married.

• I want to, but a BIG reason why I at the same time don't want to is because I don't want TO divorce (cheating, behavioral change, etc.) nor BE divorced.

• 1. Being taken for granted 2. That partner trying to change me into something I am not 3. Having to answer to somebody

• So what alternative you would suggest? Or one is better off living alone?

• Right now I'm going with the better off living alone thing. I hate to be cynical but I don't have the patience for that.

• 1. Average life expectancy is 70 years, i don't want to spend more than half of it stuck with someone else.
    2. Marriage will prevent my career development.
    3. After first years of marriage we will guess that our love is not eternal, that we are tired of each other.( Though I hope it won't happen )

• If you genuinely believe #2, then you are thinking about marriage (and relationships in general) all wrong.

Having someone with whom to share responsibilities, and who will help shoulder more of those responsibilities when you need them to, will definitely not hinder a career. Exactly the opposite, actually.

Srsly, go find just about anyone who's done well in a career, and ask him/her about what's been most important in getting him/her there, and "supportive partner" is pretty much guaranteed to be near the top of the list.

• Take your time build your career first👍

• 1. Marriage doesn't change how two people feel about each other.

2. It's expensive as fuck.

3. It places a lot of legal obligations on people that most are completely unaware of until the couple faces hardships and the relationship turns sour. Then the game of point scoring and trying to screw each other over begins.

• None. I wanna get married.

• 1. It seems marriage isn't taken very seriously these days and cheating/divorce is rife.
    2. I wouldn't want to end up divorced then unable to find anyone ever again like my mother.
    3. I don't have a third reason.

My mind could easily change in the upcoming years, though.

• speculating the depth without diving into it?

• 1. Don't like sharing my bed
    2. Divorce too expensive.
    3. Married couples are boring.

• not all married couples by the way
      N divorce is just a case it is not an inevitability.

• 1-Hinder my educational agenda
    2-Loss of personal freedom
    3-Onset to bigger issues in life, i. e. kids, retirement, house, etc.

• 2nd point is quite valid still one needs a companion in life.

• I'm already married, so I don't know what to tell you dude.

• Ok so do you feel that it is great to be married?

• Yes, but I can't say it is good for everyone. People these days are so anti-marriage, it might be considered a death sentence.

• All of my family that gets married, divorce soon after. I just have not faith in it.

What if I think I'm madly in love with them, marry them, then find out they're not the one.

Or the whole idea of "what's mine is yours"

• This is a hard one because i actually have many

• 1. Loss of most of my free time
    2. Twice as many chores for me to do
    3. Having to tell someone what I'm doing 24/7

• 1) they still can cheat
    2) more money to divorce
    3) over ten years they get half of everything.

• It's just a piece of paper, it makes you feel like you are stuck with each other rather than just wanting to be there, it makes things boring

What Guys Said 33

• I 'want' to get married, but I don't know if I ever will, since I suck at dating and relationships real bad! :P

• 1. People can and will change overtime. Ever heard of people say that it is possible to "fall out of love"? That's why eventually divorces and breakups can and does happen because it just did not work out for those couples, and/or people had unrealistic expectations to begin with.

2. I have decided that I would Never Ever want any children of my own, but it's more so due to "existential issues" and as well as the state of our current world. I think by choosing to never have children I had save someone else all the trouble and eliminate the possibility of ever bringing them here to face this reality and world then they may feel the same unhappy disappointed way the same way I currently feel. I saved them all the stress they would eventually end up accumulating in their life time. I think this is called Anti-natalism or something.

I think majority of people that had ever married actually did Want children of their own and actually Want and Desire to start a family of their own, but for me, I definitely will have to pass on this. And I think it's a common dealbreaker and is even more difficult to actually date or eventually even marry someone that also is certain that they absolutely do not want Any children of their own, depending upon their reason for the same decision, as some may be for very different reasons.

3. It's primarily Trust issues, I just feel in reality ultimately no one else can ever be fully trusted and every can and will always keep secrets, both good and bad to really bad secrets. And from the trust issues I would rather have more control of my own life and my own expenses. I don't have to ever argue and put up with someone else's bullshit if I don't really want to. And no one else has to put up with me if they don't want to either. Free to be them and free to be me.

Although arguments and disagreements will happen regardless in our lifetime, it's either less or more and if you never had to argue and fight against anybody throughout your entire life, then I'd think you're very lucky.

• Divorce court
    Divorce court
    Divorce court

• What about a prenup?

• @kholland65 @joc4position
      If you are actually interested in the legitimate reasons why a lower-earning female might be opposed to a pre-nuptial agreement -- or at least might be weirded the fuck out by having one shoved under her face -- I wrote a whole treatise about that, at this thread:
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1896436-why-are-women-against-pre-nups-although-they-initiate-most-divorces

Do check it out. This is one subject where a little understanding goes a long long way.

• @redeyemindtricks I read your post and honestly didn't really see any substance. I'm not even really sure what your post was trying to suggest other than psychological concept that only unhappy people tend to comment about something.

Getting a prenup is about being pragmatic. It's not about hedging against a women's looks, imposing financial power, or setting yourself up with a future exit to the marriage. It's like insurance. I don't plan to burn down my house, but I still make sure I have insurance in case it does. If I had considerable wealth that could be at risk during divorce court proceedings, it would be a good idea to make sure the that wealth is accounted for.

Especially as a man, this becomes a bigger issue. The courts tend to favor women in divorce proceedings, just as they do with child custody cases. Society feels bad for women, and feels an obligation to take care of them, this trickles into our legal system.

• 1. If divorce happens I as the man will be screwed emotionally by her, financially by her the government and the lawyers, and I will lose access to my children which would be unacceptable to the point of breaking the law.
    2. Women initiate divorce 80% of the time, 12% of divorces are filed by men due to their wifes infidelity. Not very good odds.
    3. When all of this happens society as a whole makes excuses and women readily by into it like the "I fell out of love" excuse, no you stopped trying to make it work, love is hard, it takes work and effort and you stopped trying because it was easier plain and simple.
    Basicly everyone is to self absorbed and selfish to be able to handle a marriage which requires dedication and selflessness.

• Just my 2 cents.
    Marriage is to me an artificial institution which stems from the patriarchal concept of possessing the wife.
    Why it may have (and I think it indeed has) a very "romantic" aspect which is celebrating the uniqueness of the couple, the bind that makes them loving each other and so on (I am probably expressing myself poorly, but English is not my mother language) it sadly actually clashes with a prominent aspect of human nature: the fact we are not monogamous. We have never been. We are not meant to bind ourselves to one person for the whole life. And yet marriage is meant to celebrate this very binding. Why, we may ask. I think it is because when patriarchy became the norm, a long time ago, men wanted to grant themselves a stable, permanent asset consisting of the woman (and her caring of the) -> house, the offsprings and the territory attached to his possession. But we crave freedom, we crave independency. Our souls claims this.

• Well today marriage is important because legally it gives you access to hundreds of perks and advantages. In my opinion this should not be the case as it discriminates against those in non-traditional relationships that have not been approved yet and of course it coherences single people into marrying.

I may get married when I'm older but for now my reasons are:

I haven't met anyone yet
    I'd feel expected to have kids if I was
    It's a lot of trouble for a piece of paper and an overpriced party

• 1. What's the point, I'm not religious or give a shit about the idea of a dream wedding.
    2. Waste of money in my opinion.
    3. You don't need to be married to be in love and want to stay together my parents have been together for 25 years and never got married.

• 1. I have a BIG BIG goal and I think marriage would distract me from that, I feel it would be the slippery slope into raising kids and I wouldn't want to do that
    2. Tbh I'd rather not have serious relationships, having casual relationships sounds more fun
    3. I'm not judging people who get married, but is it possible that marriage gives people a feeling of security that can destroy a relationship? Aren't you more likely to love and care for your partner if you know if you screw up they could leave whenever they wanted (rather than staying because of marriage)?

• Got no one to marry
    No money
    Im still young and stup

• I think your generation, the family & divorce courts, feminism, and a culture of hookups has badly damaged the family, at least for the poor and lower middle class. It seems that marriage is alive and well for the upper classes, hence articles like "Is marriage for the rich".

• 1) No real benefits to marriage. Really just glorified Boyfriend/Girlfriend
    2) Stacked divorce laws means I'll lose all my shit if I divorce or get divorced
    3) Loss of the ability to do what you'd be able to do outside of marriage unless you're really rich
    4) Weddings are extremely expensive
    5) Wedding Rings are expensive
    6) Marriage isn't really proof that you love someone
    7) Prenups can easily get thrown out in court

• Weddings are as expensive as people choose. You could literally just head down to the courthouse (or wherever) pay the small fee, do a 5 minute ceremony in your normal clothes and it's done.

• @angelling @angelling Yeah. Expensive weddings are paid for by parents who want them. Tbh, most of my girlfriends who had expensive weddings didn't want or even particularly enjoy them, but, it was their parents' day. Mostly their fathers, actually.

My wedding band cost less than a hundred bucks. Simple, dark, durable, and beautiful.
      Like me. (:

• Well, I can give you more than 3.

• 1. I'm too selfish right now - I don't want to change my routine for anyone.
    2. The divorce rate these days is so high, and men are more consistently screwed over in settlements
    3. After my last breakup, I have a lot of trouble trusting women.

I think once I can work on #3, #1 and #2 will fade away.

• I have none... 😐
    I've been waiting with all my heart for my first Mrs. Bowman literally since kindergarten! No joke! ❤️

• Legality issues and the bias against men in resolving such manners.
    Monetary cost of wedding, ring, etc.
    I just outright don't believe in marriage.

• 1. I don't get it
    2. Not interested in commitment (right now)
    3. Marriage, to me is just a title and would, in no way, change Anything about how we feel about one another.

• 1. Many pussies are better than one
    2. I ain't risking losing half my shit
    3. Bitches are controlling af

• 1) I'm too young.
    2) I haven't met anyone right for me.
    3) I have many more important things to worry about right now.

• 1) Breaking up becomes so much harder. Nothing lasts forever and you don't know if your relationship turning sour will happen before you die or if you'll die before its inevitable demise arrives.

2) Money, Why do you I want to spend shit on a ring and ceremonies and ll that Jesus TWO rings if I do it properly (never going to get a diff ring for eng/ and wed. that's just stupid.

3) I dislike some of my family including my dad and wouldn't want to have to explain them not turning up.

• 1) my beds not big enough
    2) I was raised in the wild it's called New Jersey
    3) I don't share my cookies

• Kids
    Setteling down
    Divorce

• No job
    No car
    I'm disabled
    I don't want kids
    Who wants to deal with Inlaws
    The living together fights
    Bills
    Etc etc

• 1. Can't find someone
    2. It doesn't last.
    3. Don't want someone running away with my money.

• I'm not religious.
    I see it as a waste of money.
    I don't care about marriage.

• Girls, girls, girls.

• I wanna get married 😂😂😂😂

• BC it's pointless. It doesn't change anything

• Divorce. Possible unloyalty. Arguments

• There are no 3... just 1 reason's enough... I don't wanna share ma life wid someone else... life's short as it is... being married it's like being cut in half... which means EVEN shorter as it is... simple math...

• 1. I am awkward and shy around women and can't handle them.
    2. I am veryy hairy guy like a beast.
    3. I don't want kids.

• More from Guys
    3