If your wife got pregnant by another man would you stay?

I’d love to hear what any husbands who stop by have to say in answer to this question. I personally believe that a marriage contract has been breached the moment either the wife gets pregnant by another man or the husband gets another woman pregnant. There is no longer a marriage at that point as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes I find myself holding very antiquated and sexist views. I’m not bragging about that as it’s nothing to brag about. I’m just being honest in admitting that I am not always consistent in my opinions and that my opinions about cheating sometimes change depending on the gender of the cheater. For example I can more easily find reasons for a wife to stay with her husband if he’s cheated and gotten another woman pregnant than I can find for a man to stay with his wife. It seems somehow worse to me when a wife steps out on her husband and gets pregnant by another man, and I see it as somehow indicative of a weakness in character when a man stays with his wife under those circumstances. To get pregnant by another man to me is just the ultimate insult to your husband. So I pose the question to any husband who is reading, if your wife got pregnant by another man would you stay and if you would stay what would be your reasoning in deciding to stay?

• Stay
  • Leave
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on if she was raped or if she cheated. If I were a man and my wife was raped and got knocked up that way I would be there for her 110%, but if I were a man and she cheated on me I'd kick her out of the house quicker than you can "Jackie Chan".

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• You sound like a bit of a douchebag...

I mean the woman would be bitchy and disrespectful to cheat bit that doesn't mean it's OK to go on a rant saying that it's OK when a guy cheats.
    It's twisted

• Raped Stay. Cheated Leave.
    Cheating is baddest evil

• Bye bye hubby! Lol

What Guys Said 10

• Well honestly I think the problem here is not the baby but the betrayal. Most of the time if this happened I think it would be obvious she either doesn't want to be with you or does not respect you, in which case she needs to go. However if there were extenuating circumstances I see nothing wrong with staying. It's naive in today's world to make a big deal over the fraction of a percent of DNA that is not yours.

• I would stay:
    -If she had been raped, or was pregnant because of some kind of sperm transmission she wasn't intentionally involved in
    -If she was pregnant from a relationship that happened before we were together and had not been unfaithful (although, that would mean we got married pretty quick lol)

But if she's been unfaithful Ima leave (although I would worry about the child and would consider helping out if she was gonna keep him).

• I'd be gone the very same day I found out and would never look back. Always get a paternity test before you sign a birth certificate.

• If a man stays, the government will consider him the father

• depends

• That's a deal breaker, no matter how much i love her or am dependent on her, nothing matters if there's infidelity.

• I'm gone.

• It would depend on the ircumstances if I had encouraged the liaison I would be delighted

• It would greatly depend on the circumstances. For example, if we had a threesome with another guy and the protection failed, then I would stay with her as I would be just as culpable as she was, and we would raise it as our own.

• Holy cuck

• Stop Fantasizing here please be serious..

• @Universehateme Uh, my wife and I did have several threesomes with a younger guy she used to work with. She was on protection, but we discussed the possibility of her getting pregnant. I am being completely serious. Just because it's something you're not into or can't wrap your head around doesn't mean it's only been a fantasy for everyone.