Would you marry someone from a different culture?

Do you think you will be alright/ get along with the in laws/traditions, etc?

2224

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 23

• It depends on which culture she is from, but in some cases I would prefer it. There are many aspects about my culture I simply don't care for.

• That depends on their culture.

There are definitely a few cultures I can think of that I would prefer to actively avoid.

• i m a product of many cultures.

i take the respectful, family oriented hierarchical structure of eastern cultures and take the strong individualistic approach of western cultures to create my own culture through good judgement.

patriarchial family based cultures have proven throughout history to create the strongest and healthiest societies.

• Yeah I wouldn't mind. We could teach each other about our different customs and traditions. I think that could potentially be an incredible bonding experience for the people involved.

• That's the plan yeah; I've always been attracted to Caucasian and I have only really dated and been with a relationship with Caucasians and mutts

• No because I won't date a Muslim chick

• I think I would find it hard but if I loved her I would make the effort.

• Of course.

• I'm okay with cultural differences the other real ideological issue I'd have is with people who are very religious.

• I cannot relate with people who are not into defending basic human rights, democracy, or try to impose religion costumes.

So, maybe, maybe not.

• Sure I would.

• yeah

• I am an the age where my friends get married all around me. One white german friend married a indian girl that grew up in the US but parents are in India and they life in Germany. To be onest: My bet was 5 Years and then its over :-( See you in 5 Years.

• what bet?

• aw im just kidding. i know. im indian (close enough). i wouldn't marry most other cultures cuz the family factor would be too much drama and im sure u are right, values collide too. but who knows. indian women are also raised to endure and make situations work. my roomie's uncle's wife puts up with him having a second wife (the 2nd wife is Western hispanic and would flip shit if she found out) and not seeing him for more than two or three times a year. idunno why we do it

• @Ghosted Well spoken. Where can I sign that? :-) ". indian women are also raised to endure and make situations work. " - she is. AND she is on the edge you know. she went to the US... She is a strong woman. And she tries to "fight" with him and try not to endure but ACT. Sigmund Freud would be so happy to see this because she can't with here father because he is so far away. ( ordinary person psychology)

• Of course yes. Its needed to be sure its not harmfull for each other only - or agreement ( different religion)

• If I had to conform to that persons beliefs or move to their country and confroms to their laws and traditions then no. If we lived in America and could live our lives free then sure

• Yeah sure

• sure I would

• i'd convert to whatever religion if necessary as well

• "From", I assume no prob!
    "In", as in changing my culture, I'd have to look that up...

• I don't need that stress in my life.

• not anymore it we don't believe the same
    I will never be serious with her

• Yes. if i was in love why not?

• why not

What Girls Said 21

• For sure. And I did. My husband grew up in a different country with a different culture. Not so different from what I'm already familiar with, but still different.

• I used to say that I would only marry an Arab man like me ( classic Arab girl mindset 😝) but I met amazing guys who are not Arabs (a Pakistani friend for example and more recently an Amazing American Italian Gager) which made me change the way I see things.
    I'm still very much attracted to fellow Arabs and usually crush on Arab men more than other ethnicities, but I would TOTALLY marry a man outside of my ethnicity if I like him and he has everything I look for. It would be stupid to limit my choices that drastically.
    Plus it can be very exciting and enriching to discover and be in touch with another culture 😊

• Yes, I would marry someone from a different culture, as long as it didn't require me to convert to a religion. I don't think it's fair of someone to take part in a religion they don't believe in and I would never ask someone to do that for me, so I would not be cool with that lol.

• I did and while I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'd be verrrrrrrrrry cautious before I did it again.

• Do you have any tips /warnings that you can share? :)

• More than I can fit on gag lol. The problem is that even if you accept his culture chances are in many cultures you will never be accepted and treated as well.

• Ah, that's what scares me the most.

Thank you. :)

• I would be okay with that as long as I knew I would not be mistreated for being a different race or culture and if I like the guy I lot - I might put up with a religious circle or family backdrop that does not approve of me.

• Yep. Sure thing

• Um.

Yes, but it depends. Men from certain cultures are quite chauvinistic so I would be careful of what culture I'm marrying into.

I still wouldn't marry a Muslim, though.

:\

• Yeah I would.

• I'd do it. I don't see why I wouldn't.

• Yes definitely, as long as he shares the same religion as me.

• No. Not someone with extreme beliefs.

• Yes, I'd actually like to, it would make the relationship more interesting plus its nice to learn about other cultures etc

• Yes, I would

• Yes. When you love someone then culture, traditions, etc don't matter. You'll find a way to make it work if you really want to be with him/her.

• No. Like I would never date a Russian guy. They're assholes.

• yes i would

• depends which culture

• Yes, I could.

• A different culture, yes; a different religion, no.

• i would but certain cultures only :/

• It may be difficult, but as long as the person is open minded I will be giving it a try.