What to do, am I being abused?

He will try to make me jealous with other women, like staring at them in front of me etc. then when I get mad and jealous he gets upset and explodes. He has thrown food every where and on me before, hit steering wheel, make a fist like he's going to strike me but doesn't. Is this considered emotional abuse? What to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes this is,
    Okay you need to leave him.
    First you need to contact friends, Anyone you are close to that are okay with letting you stay.
    Then you need to tell them and other people about what is going on.
    You need to have everything to ready to go.
    Take your important info
    Social security card, really everything that you need you need to bring and once you have that all squared away,
    pack it and leave

Most Helpful Girl

• "emotional abuse or mental abuse, is a form of abuse characterized by a person subjecting or exposing another to behavior that may result in psychological trauma, including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder."

he sounds like he has some deep rooted anger issues. and if he has thrown food on you, that is a huge no-no. I think he may be on the verge of physical abuse if he's raised his hand towards you. This guy has issues and I would run the other way and not put up with that shit.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, this is abuse and it will only get worse with time. You should really and seriously consider leaving him, you are already in an unhealthy relationship.

• Is it abuse? Yes. What to do? Leave him. End of discussion.

• Leave him. You are being abused emotionally. This will escalate to physical abuse. He will try to cut you off from family and friends... when that happens, the beatings will start. Leave... leave now!

What Girls Said 2

• yes, I would consider it emotional and verbal abuse.
    Drop him like a hot potato, run away as fast as you can, and NEVER look back, because he just may one day actually harm you.

I found myself in a similar relationship when i was younger-you really have to get out of this nasty relationship.

• if he's ur boyfrn.. then please hav a brkup with him.. and if he's ur husband... and u dont want to get out of relationship.. then... do flirt wid a guy in a sam way in front of him.. as he did in front of u... then he may realize.. what the hell he's doing