WHY does he want to meet my parents?

We've been together for 5 months and now he wants to meet my family. I think its too soon and i'm still wondering why he wants to meet them so soon. Is it to impress me? Is it to impress them? Is it because he wants to marry me in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my in-laws the day before the wedding. But in our case, we knew each other for less than two months when we were married. And due to distance, saw each other less than ten days during that time.

Time means different things to different people in different circumstances. Could mean anything in your case.

Most Helpful Girl

• Five month is definitly not too soon to meet someone's parents. It isn't to impress you or impress them. Yes, he feels serious about you and when you're in a relationship, you meet the person's family.
    Don't rush things. Being in a relationship doesn't mean he will marry you, it might happen but It works step by step. So don't think about marriage right now.

What Guys Said 2

• Perhaps he just likes you a lot and he wants to show you that he is committed to you by meeting your parents.

• i think he really likes and wants to have good relations with you family. says about who he is.

What Girls Said 2

• Ask him why...
    Could be any number of reasons.

• Well, I think it really depends on how he phrased it. Did he say something like "Sure, I'd love to meet your parents"? Or did he say something like "I'm dying to meet your parents"? Those two sentences usually occur in different contexts. The former is more like a polite response. The latter is more like a curious request, implying that he may be interested in you and your family. Perhaps, he wishes to speak to your father and mother about marrying you?