Is a long engament stupid?

I had been with my boyfriend 3 tests before he left for the military. We have been in a long distance relationship for 6 months. We want to get engaged but we won't get married to I'm done with school in about four or five years or so. Is it stupid to be engaged that long? We both want it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not stupid at all. In fact I think long engagements can have it's advantages.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. It's only stupid if you guys don't want it. I think it's romantic. =) It proves you guys are willing to wait for each other and that you guys have something so special you guys don't want to let go of. Good luck! =D Hope you guys last. =)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• It's not stupid as long as you are both in agreement. Do you, don't worry about anyone else that is not you and him.

• I don't like the long term engagement thing.

• No, it's actually very smart to be engaged for that long. It's important that your school comes first. Trust me, it'll be soooooo much easier that way.