Would you date a traditional person?

A person who is against premarital sex. so called chaste

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No thanks. I'm not waiting until marriage to find out you're horrible in bed.

• then why get married?

• Legal rights, in that case. If you're legally married, you can make medical decisions for him if he's incapable.

What Guys Said 49

• I think abstinence is stupid and recipe for disaster

• just because you are against premarital sex doesn't make you traditional... im as traditional as traditional is and im AGAINST marrying some idiot without some kind of experience who doesn't know what they are doing.
    Tradition is doing something your people do.."to keep your relationship going"... not some stupid expectation.
    in my tradition, sure, you can be a virgin, but if you Don't satisfy your man the way HE wants, he is Free to pick another woman to get it done. So much for tradition eh?
    there are more but that was the example i wanted to use :)

• It's not really a yes/no question for me. See, my answer is yes, but... As in, yes, but this "traditional" thing could mean more than simply she wants to wait until marriage to have sex. Like, what are her views on things if she's traditional in this way? Is her whole world view traditional or just her views on sex? And if it's just on sex, what does she think of gay people? I'm very pro LGBTQ, so we might not get a long very well if she's too traditional that way. And what does she think about women's issues? If she's too traditional in that regard, maybe she wishes women would get back in the kitchen and make babies and sandwiches and basically do what they're told?

So to answer the question in short, I wouldn't not date her just b/c she wanted to wait to have sex. But this desire COULD be indicative of things that would cause real trouble for our relationship.

• I'd feel bad about making her break her standards lmao

Ya not that puritanical for me

• Well, I have decided never to go on a date in my lifetime and so it doesn't matter if the person is traditional or not.

• I knew a "chaste" girl once. Her boyfriend loved her to death. Waited for her for 4 years. Was ready to marry her as soon as she graduate university. Turned out she was sleeping with random guys for the last year they were together. He was so devastated I though he might do something stupid to himself. So to answer your question - no. I can wait for her until she trusts me and she sees I love her. I have no problem being married either. But to wait for her without any reasonable timeframe - absolutely not. I have better things to do with my life than waste it waiting.

• No. Sex is part of getting to know someone in dating.
    Plus traditional christian Puritanistic views are somewhat offensive in the modern age.

• At first I thought by traditional you meant holds conservative views like being asked out and having me be the dominant partner. Although that isn't something I would like, a part of me is curious to try it.

When you included no premarital sex that completely made me lose interest. Without sex she's just a good friend and I've already got plenty of female friends.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhjNm20XbXw

• dating? sure, its only dating.

• Premarital sex isn't as bad as immature sex. Nothing wrong with two consenting adults perfectly capable of taking responsibility engaging in Sexual intercourse. Ofcourse there are exceptions, if she's a keeper then I wouldn't have a problem waiting for her.

• Yes you can date with him. In our country primartial sex is strictly prohibited. Sex after marriage only possible in our country.

• Yes, I would. In fact, I fully intend and hope to date and marry one.

• Yup I am traditional myself and prefer to be with someone the same as me in that aspect.

• I'd prefer it. I was brought up in a traditional upbringing, and have kept that mindset my whole life (though I've become more liberal in other aspects). It'd be my dream for my future wife to be a virgin, but I wouldn't hold it against her, nor anyone else, that doesn't want to wait till marriage.

• No. I wouldn't want to marry someone only to then find out that we're incompatible in bed.

• I play a video game called Crusader Kings 2 from time to time, and one of the worst traits a woman can have in that game is chaste... It starts in 1066 AD. If you want a quality male air, you have to get a wife that's a freak. :D Since when has chaste been a good trait? People use to have tons of sex and kids. My grandmother was one of nine children.

• If you do not like her, then you the sex only.

• I was engaged to one (in a 2.5 year relationship... we are both virgins), but other things came between us.

• No. Too many don't practice what they preach.

• Oh my goodness NO

• No way, José

• premarital sex is bad

• I would. The only caveat is that it has to be all our nothing. I'm not interested in someone who is "abstinent" but will suck your dick or do other sex acts / heavy teasing.

That's not abstinence that's just "socially acceptable" whoredom.

• Yes. Then it'll be all the more satisfying if I'm able to seduce her before we marry.

• I'm not that traditional...

• No thanks.

• Yup, sure would.

• Not my cup of tea.

• Yea I would, not sure if it will last though.

• I consider good that people only have sex with people they are really into, but from that point it's a nonsense to me.

• More from Guys
    19

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 23

• Yeeees of course it's my dream! I'm a traditional person myself and would LOVE to marry a traditional man, they attract me a lot. Actually they are the only type of men I'm attracted to.

• And by the way Traditional is not only about saving yourself for marriage, so I mean traditional overall, I might make some exceptions and marry a non virgin but only if he's still traditional in other aspects of life.

• I've already had sex but I would marry someone who hasn't and would wait.. I think it is overrated to be doing it all the time with someone you're just dating. Imagine the build up to finally do it on your wedding night! Then you can just spend days in bed! 😊

• oh yes, 100%

• No because personally I want sex in my relationship, and don't want to have to want to be married to them solely to do so.

• Probably not, no.

• As long as this is one of the few things they're traditional for, yup I'd date them. But if they're the "man work. Woman clean. Make babies. Grrrr." Type of "traditional, then nope. I'm not wasting either of our time.

• Uhh no sex till marriage? Shit I don't even know if I will get married.. Don't want to stay a virgin forever, so no.

• I don't prefer it but if I am 100% sure we will get married soon, I would consider. Still, high risk for me because how would I know whether he is good in bed.

• I had a traditional upbringing so I like a person with principles and a sense of morals...
    But they need to match mine

• nope, fuck their traditions

• Nope.

I'm not waiting that long. What if we're sexually incompatible?

Besides, sex is a part of a healthy relationship.

• Nah, that's not for me. I don't personally have a reason to wait for marriage and have no desire to either.

• I mean I'm not a virgin so if they were cool with that then yeah.

• I am assuming he or she will have a low sex drive.

• I have a high sex drive and sex is heathy for a relationship. Nah, I would not date one. They can be boing.

• Yes I myself am a traditional person in tht respect.. If u truly love sm1 u ll be ready to wait till marrg to hv sex

• I would avoid one if I could, but we don't choose who we fall for

• I would cross the continent to get away from such people and I am, after 4 years.

• depends on how traditional we are talking about :)

• No, I'm not really interested in dating a traditional person.

• Yeah sure why not

• Why should there be any difference? It's about wether you love the person or not !

1 private opinion(s)