Is he annoyed with me or bored?

So I have been married for a few years, but lately he seems distant and has been snapping at me over little things... I ask if anything is wrong and he just walks out of the room... I am at my wits end and what does it mean when your other half acts as though being in the room with you is a mental/physical endurance trial? Sick over this over

Most Helpful Guy

• He could be annoyed at something you have or haven't done, he could be frustrated by the current state of the relationship, or he very well could just be bored and wanting out. You do need to talk to him though. I think most guys suck at communicating, but we can do it. Approach the conversation cautiously, because if he feels attacked, he likely isn't going to want to talk. If he wants the relationship to work he will find a way to talk to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you need to have a conversation with him even if that means you have to duct tape him to a chair. Tell him you don't appreciate his attitude and you would really like to talk about it. You can keep living like that its not healthy for either of you.

What Guys Said 1

• You guys need to communicate.

Communicate doesn't mean accuse him of shit. Say you feel distant but don't do it in a way as if everything is his fault. That would only make everything worse.

What Girls Said 2

• Something is clearly bothering him. You have to get him to talk to you and you need to get him to open up because right now it's affecting your relationship and that IS important.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more