Do your parents have strong opinions about what kind of person you should marry?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really the woman I want to marry is very much the woman my parents would like me to marry which is a good strong, intelligent woman, christian with a good heart and good sound morals and values, old fashioned if you will. And I aim to be that for the woman I will marry someday.

What Girls Said 17

• My parents have strong opinions about everything. They've made it very clear how much they'd hate it if I got married to my current partner :P They've also given me a list of traits that my partner wouldn't be allowed to have - a vagina or dark skin being top of that list.

• Wow. I guess if you married your current partner your parents would have to accept it even though they don't. But im glad your happy in your relationship and I think that is what matters most.

• look it's not THAT strong, but u could say the FEW things they'd like, happen to be some of the biggest things that could come between myself and someone else.

to some, that will mean, yeah it's strong, but it's not. i just can't explain it properly.

• No , coz I'm an adult. I make my own decisions and choices in life. So if I make mistakes I'm responsible for them... not my parents

• Not really. As long as he's a good dude and treats me well. They love love looooove my boyfriend and my dear mother is not shy about asking me when we're getting married haha

• My mom doesn't, but my bfs dad has strong opinions on that matter. He doesn't want his son dating some white girl, he wants his son to be with a Lebanese Muslim girl. 😒

• Maybe your bfs dad might get over it one day. Im glad your mom is open minded. That is good.

• Not at all. I'm sure they were fine with me not marrying. All my mom really asked for were grandchildren. Under which circumstances those grandchildren were obtained were not specified.

• Yeah... My mom says I should be with who makes me happy. But also benefits me in a way. But my dad says I should be with a hot jock with a lot of "game" that can fight, has money, his own place, and a nice car who is aa big as my dad. If not, bigger. And that I should be with a black or mixed guy. Or any guy that's not white. My dad wants me to end up someone like him. My mom just wants me to be happy.

• Just ask my mom!!!

• What would she say if I ask her?

• Your very welcome. ☺

• Yes especially my mum. She is very opinionated :/

• Ya. A military doctor like my stepdad, he has to be Vietnamese as well, similar family background preferred.

• Lol that is a very specific type. Lol it's narrowed down to specific detail. Well at least you know what your parents prefer for you to marry.

• Most of the Asian got their lives planned out before they were born hahah. ain't gonna do what mum wants tho

• Wow the parents plan the lives out for their kids? Im glad you make you own plans and decisions. Lol hahaha

• I don't know nor do I care if they do.

• Nah, they don't

• Not really. They only wish I have good judgement when and not be dumb.

• not what kind but what race.

• Yesss. They still try to influence but ill ne an adult soon and im pretty independent so they know ill do what im gonna do reguardless of any harsh negative input

• My parents don't give a shit. Plus, they have always told me that they don't want me to get married.

• Nope

What Guys Said 8

• Well, I have decided that I am never going to get married, I have decided to stay single till death! so I don't care what my parents will think about this. No my parents don't decide or have any say regarding what they want me to do, or the kind of life I should lead, no body has that right to tell me what I should do, so there are no exceptions, so what if they are my parents? they don't have that right.

This is my life and so I can decide how I want to lead my life and what I should do. Hence my parents can keep saying what they want, but nothing will have any effect on me.

• I'm 38, they'd have me marry a turtle if it'd give 'em grand kids. lol

• Mine probably have accepted the possibility that I won't marry at all -__-

• Yes, they do. But I believe they already know what a rebel I am when it gets to wanting things my way.
    It will be interesting when that day comes xD

• Yes - but so do I!!

• Nope, not really.

• Yes.

• No. And if they did I wouldn't care. They have their lives and I have mine.