Ladies, if only your future husband would work, would you settle with not having as much money to be a home maker? or would you rather work?

say your things are paid for and get about a 1000 bucks allowance a month (without child or child would be taking some of that lol)

or would you work, bring in money for more vacations/investment seed money ect? able to have more kids more security?

say your husband likes you at home but also doesn't mind more money!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd still work. What am I supposed to do all day? I don't wanna be one of those women who get so depressed because all they do is cook. That is if we don't have little children. If we do, babies need mommy

• cook well i eat 5 times a day! and breast feed the babies and bond.

i think if she had a part time job to supplement my income itd be nice

• yes agreed

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 17

• Dude, where the hell do you live? $1000 is about how much I make for one full day's worth of work, if you average it all out.
    I mean, ok, I make more than most people, but, seriously, $1000/mo is a pittance.

Also, lol @ "you get an allowance".
    Uh... You know how this actually works, in cultures where this is still the norm, right?
    In Japan, when a man has a housewife, he literally signs his paychecks over to her, and she handles the finances.
    Other countries aren't usually quite so explicit about it, but the idea is basically the same.
    If you think you can be the sole breadwinner AND the sole controller of the finances, then you are living in a delusional dream world.

• exactly what I said. Apparently that makes me crazy

• crazy calling someone crazy lmao.

u know, i actually love religious people. not the psychos but them compared to athiests like you, know their fflaws and their contributions to the world with insight... this is why coorporations have the hardest time brainwashing these groups for profit.

• and young lady what did i say about staying on topic? sigh.

• I would still want to work, at least a bit, even if all of my things are paid for.
    I don't think work is a good idea for most people to partake in for solely financial reasons. It would get me out of the house when the idea of watching TV/movies at home will totally bumming it and eating super unhealthy food sounds very enticing for the long-term. It would also force me to meet up and socialize with people face-to-face versus keeping it largely via texting or GaG.

Working, even just a few days a week, would bring in a bit of extra spending money, but most importantly keep me sharp mentally as well as socially. 👌

• Depends on a few things.

Do we have children? If not, I'd want to work at least part time to bring in extra cash. If yes, I'd be perfectly happy staying at home with them. Unless the kids were deprived in any way, then I'd want to bring in more income for them (although babysitters are expensive, so it'd have to be worth it).

Does husband expect me to do most, if not all, of the chores/housework? If yes, then I won't work.

Are we just barely making ends meet with your income, or are we able to save and plan for the future as well? That'd be another factor.

So yeah. Depends!

• I would want to work but not necessarily for the money. I am the kind of person that gets antsy when I've been unproductive for a while. Homemakers are productive in the sense of keeping everything in order, but I like to work my brain lol. I also really love my field and I want to have a job in it for a long time.

• I'd prefer to work. I like lazing around sometimes but honestly, I wouldn't be happy having to stay at home constantly. I'm not a good cook, I hate cleaning, I wouldn't be able to pull my weight in the home. My boyfriends a lot better than me at all that and would probably be able to raise our kid better than me so if one of us had to stay at home, it'd be him 😋

• I don't mind staying at home but he would have to make good money. I'd rather work and not worry about buying the expensive shampoo, than being on one income and having to budget everywhere.

"allowance"? If he was gonna use that term then I don't we'd be together very long, because it implies I'm some kind of child that he has authority over. No, of were married, we'd share all incomes, be it one or two and we'd both have access to the account. I'm not gonna have him hand me a few notes every month. Again I'm not a child and I don't appreciate being treated like one, if I was running household with kids, which is also an exhausting job.

That being said having left 1000 euro per person, after taxes, insurances, rent/mortages... is very good. If it was for two people, I think I'd rather work.

• Actually if he's making all the money.. reguardless of your love.. And your just lounging around on his dime, its pretty reasonable to refer to it as allowance. .. hell more like welfare if you ask me. Wish people would drop the socially exceptable bs sometimes and just call it what it is reguardless of bias stances.. PS. (Not attacking you) just being straight

• you will fail this debate. i smell someone who doesn't know her stance at all... prob influenced by the failed ideology of feminism who says do less work and demand same rights and more previledge.

men do more, capable of more and are held to a much higher standard... this is why certain things were given to us. we dont just demand shit.

• Well if you think it's so great, how would you feel about staying at home then, while your wife gives you an allowance.

And I wouldn't at all giving my partner full access to my accounts at all if he was staying at home, because we're married and marriage means sharing. I'm not gonna put on an allowance like a pouty teenager. Just because we have agreed to take different roles and responsibilities doesn't mean he is in any way lesser than me

But I get what you're saying. You don't trust your taste in women, you're afraid the love of your life will spend all your money and... ehm... ya I don't know what else.
      But clearly that's a YOU problem, if you choose to marry gold diggers and you know it, then I do see your point. But most people actually make reasonable choice about who they marry

• I would definitely be working rather than wasting hours of time. I like my independence and never want to be solely dependent on anyone. And if I got a 1000$ allowance then that would be awesome! I would tuck it away without him knowing then surprise him at retirement 😊

• If no kids i would want to work. With kids, depends on the age of the our spawns. Once school aged I wouldn't mind a part time job to get out of the house and have a little extra income too.

• smart that can work well

• I have no desire to be a housewife. I'd much rather work. I'd lose my mind being home all day...

• That's a really good question. As much as sitting back 'n' relaxing sounds great. I'd still rather work even in a situation as such. Not sure why. But the whole working for your earnings has always been my preference.

• I would be a stay at home mom/wife and raise our children!

• so does he want me to work? i would want to work from home so I dont get lazy since there are no kids you say.

• I tried the stay at home mom but boy did it suck when you get so board you spend 5 hours cleaning one room in the house lol I like to keep moving I can't seem to sit still and I don't sleep in so no fun

• I would work full time if we didn't have kids.
    Being a mother is a big responsibility. I would have to take at least a year off to take care of a baby, but I would go back to work afterwards. I would probably work less hours to take care of the kids.

• Whatever is in the best interest of my husbands wants and kids needs

• I would want to work at least a part time if I we're to have kids. And depending on how old they are

• I would probably work a part time that pays well

What Guys Said 0