How do I come to terms with the fact that he doesn't want me touching him anymore?

We have been married for several years, and have always had a great physical relationship. The same hugging, kissing, holding hands, snuggling, intimacy, etc. that other couples enjoy. Now all of a sudden he says he wants less physical contact but he won't give me a reason. I get a peck on the cheek once a day, and that's it. Anything more and he shrugs it off or pushes me away. He won't talk about it, and I feel so lonely without any physical intimacy. What now?

I confronted him about why he was being so stand-offish and distant. After a good deal of prodding, he finally admitted that he's been having an affair for quite some time. I suppose at least now I know.

Most Helpful Guy

• He was no longer interested in it. That would have been my guess, why else would you suddenly want to alienate your partner. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• i think there must be a very serious reason behind you husband problem, maybe he's going through some health issues and he's embarrassed to tell you.

• Dump him.. or cheat on him.

What Girls Said 5

• Sorry to hear about your husband's infidelity. I can only imagine how hurtful that must be. Come to terms by accepting and moving on with your life. Get a divorce attorney and start today. Your time on this earth is limited and to find a partner who values you and wants to be with you is one of the perks. Best wishes

• Marriage counseling is my suggestion

• He's cheating.

• that's a problem...
    a big one. I don't have a solution though. I want to say talk to him again and be serious about it. Make him feel that you need the answer and are not going to just stay cool with him being careless like that.

• I dont think its that he doesn't want it, more so he wants it but he doesn't trust it with anyone else. Just you.
    But thats just a guess of course.

• Trust me he wants it.