Why does my boyfriend want to get married after being together for 2 months?

I'm not getting married to him this soon but he wants to get married asap. I really don't understand why he wants to move so quickly.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents met at 20, got married three months later, and are still happily together 25 years after that.

Nothing wrong with knowing who's the one.

What Guys Said 9

• A lot of younger guys think that if he wants to keep having sex with her, that he needs to marry her, or risk losing her. Regardless of his exact reason he enjoys being with you, and is hoping the marriage will trap you, so that you can't change your mind about him. It shows that he feels desperate and lacks confidence to keep you around longer without locking you into a marriage.

• What does your boyfriend give as the reasons for wanting to get engaged so quickly? Granted, a person's stated reasons aren't always their true reasons, but it can be a good starting point.

• 2 months!!, that's too early and that's very strange as well.

• Lol that is way, way to early he needs to clam down and take things more slowly I mean obviously you should think about that kind of stuff when your with someone because that's were it will hopefully lead. But that is way to soon.

• Desperation. Stupidity.

• ... he's propably fear you could leave him. And he think merry you will keep you from that.

• Is he waiting for marriage to have sex?

• To makeshure he will always have you.

• He needs the "Green Card" ?

What Girls Said 5

• Because he is crazy. Run away!

Seriously, wait for 6-8 months before talking about marriage. If he can't gang around that long he is unstable and not ready. I still can't rule out crazy, either.

• Most likely he feels that he wants a commitment from you. Likely he feels insecure on his own and wants to have something that will tie you down, in his mind.

• Is he in the military?

• Yeah. He needs to slow down.

• Sounds like he is afraid of losing you.