How far in advance to people normally plan their weddings?

Most of my friends who are engaged or who have been married have planned their weddings out a very long time in advance, some of them over a year and a half. Most of them are Catholic though, so it's not uncommon because of all the coordination and marriage prep courses. How far in advance to most people plan out their weddings? Just trying to see what other people do :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends how big they want the wedding to be, how many people they want to invite, where the wedding will be etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as I remember, it took us 2 weeks, maybe 3.

What Girls Said 5

• My parents proposed and got married without telling a soul. Later they had a fake wedding and the last 30 years theyve celebrated a real and fake aniversary every year.

• Mine was 3 weeks. I wish I would've eloped.

• I planned mine about 8 months in advance.

• I mentally planned my YEARS in advance. Lol.

• I think a lot of people plan for like a year. Personally, I don't think I'll wait that long because I'll want to get married sooner and I don't want a wedding that requires a lot of planning.

What Guys Said 1

• mine was 2 years, but her granparents were harassing me to do it sooner. So to spite them I bailed.