How many people will be invited to your wedding?

What will your wedding guest list look like?

• We will be eloping (just the two of us)
  • small intimate wedding with family members and few friends (25-50 people)
  • wow my guest list will be huge!!! (>75 people)
  • i know a lot of people!!! ( 100- 250)
  • big and lavish ( over 300 guests)

Most Helpful Girl

• big and lavish for sure. go big or go home

What Girls Said 31

• Damn, I would really want just a small wedding with my closest family (grandparents and parents), his mother and brother (and his grandparents if hed like to invite them) and our closest friends. That'd be more than enough for me and that's even pushing it for him, I think. However, I have a huge extended family (like there's about 15 kids between 3 aunts and there's more family than just that) and I know that my family would be pretty horrified with me if I didn't invite them.

• When I get married everyone on G@G will be invited. So we will have one huge G@G party lol

http://i.giphy.com/987wVDvZe85ry.gif

• I would prefer a small wedding with our friends and family.

• it depends on who i marry. if i marry my current boyfriend it'll be large - he has a huge family! haha but i prefer family and close friends so as small as that can be :)

• I bet my parents would invite their whole huge ass church to come 🙄
    Also I have a long list of relatives so I yeah... I don't actually know but way over a 100 for sure.
    Depends on who I'm marrying as well.

• my family alone is 25-30 people, lol.

i've lived in 3 cities and know a lot of people... however, anything over 150 seems excessive. i guess i'll worry about that when the time comes.

• hm to the wedding, as many as i want =]
    to the reception... lol. probably 150 at the most.

• As many as I could comfortably afford. No point sending myself or future partner ( any volunteers?) broke.

• Eh. Small wedding.

Most of my family sucks and if i invite certain people the day will turn to them simply due to my family pretty much constantly being at each others throats.

• Option B sounds ideal for me. But erm my parents might want option D? I just want something small and intimate.

• At my wedding we had about 100 people there give or take. So it wasn't very big. We had moved provinces and only invited family and people close to us. Had we gotten married in our hometown it would have been huge. IF. and that's a BIG IF , I did it again, it would be just me and him, probably in Las Vegas or something like that.

• Small wedding! Maybe just parents and siblings present. Then I'd like to have a reception a week or so later with all of our friends and others

• Why do a lot of people have a wedding reception after the ceremony?

• Are you asking why people have wedding receptions or are you wondering why I want mine a week after the reception? I want my reception to be a week later so that the day isn't overwhelming and I can enjoy it and spend time with my husband

• Between the two of us, maybe around 100 people.
    But weddings in my family are usually really big because I have a huge extended family lol.

• Sorry if I offend anyone... but I hate weddings. I think they're a waste of money, time and are basically just giant popularity contests. I don't want to stress over who to invite, who to have as bridesmaids, bachelor/bachelorette parties, the food, venue, or any of that crap. My boyfriend and I want to elope. Drive cross country to Vegas, just the two of us, and then save all the money that would have gone towards a wedding and have a super awesome honeymoon somewhere tropical.

• Depends on who I marry. I have a pretty large and we are very close, so I will be inviting all of them.

• Probably not many seeing as I have very little friends.

• Trick question, not getting married.

• However at my sisters wedding in May there are going to be 180 people in attendance so I guess it'd be around there if i ever did get married.

• A lot of people!!! I come from a huge Mormon family. My mom has 13 siblings and I have tons of first cousins and second cousins.

• Honestly, eloping is more desirable to me. We could use the money we saved to go toward a house or a car.

• I fcking wish I could choose A. But knowing my family, it'd definitely be around option D for the wedding dinner, and the reception I guess option C?

• Well, I have a big family so I'm gonna go with at least C.

• Just family and maybe a few friends. Lots of alcohol and fun with the important people in your life.

• Long story short I'm Latin- that shit finna get live af. + i'm native and in my tribal nation weddings last 2 days.

• Just both of are families and all are friends, I have not found Mr. Right yet so I can't say exactly how many that will be.

• I don't want to get married

• I would like about 75 - 90 people in my wedding. Not super huge and not super small either.

• My wedding had few guests, less than 50.

• lets elope

• I'd prefer to keep it low-key.

• as few as possible. Family and close friends

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 17

• It would probably be over 75 people... but I don't know... since I'm not anywhere near the point of getting married.

Just assuming that there's 3-4 groomsmen, my mom, dad, sis, their part of our family, Godparents, associates from work (like my "work mom"), and a few friends that are close enough to be brother's and sister's... I could easily see that filling up the 35 people. Assuming the fiancee would have about the same, that'd be 75 to 100.

Of course, I'm the sort that would probably just go for the really small legal ceremony at a city hall, as I'm more interested in the day, and being with true friends and family; more interested in the marriage part than the wedding part; I suppose if I were more successful, I'd be more excited about the party, but I don't get the point in spending $30,000-50,000+ on one day, and going into debt just for the party. I'd be more interested in a real party with real friends... and put the money or gifts toward our lives together. So much of that $30,000 could help someone who needed it, and help longer than some flowers that will die out in a week.

• Zero, none. That's because I am never going to have a wedding in first place!!.

• Well depends partly on her but I would say anything from 25-100 probably I mean between the two of us I would imagine it would be around most likely be anywhere from 25-75 would be the most realistic probably.

• All you mother fuckers are invited! lol i luff u all <3

• maybe even under 10. I dont want anyone at my wedding. My so-called friends never invited me to there's since I was the outcast. and my so-called best friend swore up and down he wanted me as his best man. Maybe eloping would be better idea..

• Hell if I know, I'd rather avoid a long, ardous and tedious ceremony... if I'm ever going to decide for getting married, that is.

• I'm going to elope,
    The Day is about me and the woman I want to spend forever with and no one else.

• Only my wife

I'm sorry, just kidding.
    I would keep it as small as possible.
    Under 10 if possible,

• I had two receptions. 80 at the first one and over 200 at the second one. It was an epic wedding, talked about for a decade by many that were there... just a huge amount of fun.

• just family and friends

• Not gonna happen.

• I was on track to have one, fell apart recently. So no one.

• I wish if I can invit all peephole in the world

• like i'm ever going to marry

• "If I was gonna go skydiving, and they told you 3 out of 4 parachutes weren't gonna open, I'd be like 'Yo, fuck that, I'm not goin'!'" - Bill Burr.

I know divorce is not that high on average across the USA (50%) but that's still enough to convince me that marriage in this day and age is not worth the trouble. It's even higher in states like California (70% I think?).

Long story short: I don't want to get married.

• I think only me and her 😏 I moved to another country, I just know animals..

• Modern marriage? FUCK that!! Dating and relationships are absolute SHITE as well