Girls, Is marriage a big thing to you? Is so why? If not why?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope not a big thing. I don't want to get married and I don't like the concept. I guess because I have seen so many failed marriages I just lost faith in it. Plus I don't believe in it anyways. A piece of paper doesn't change your relationship. I believe

What Girls Said 16

• I come from a long line of strong successful marriages... we're talking 20, 30, 40, 50 year marriages. My own parents are going on 39 years. I'm not a fool in that I believe marriage is "a magical solution" to anything. It is work, it is serious commitment, it is fighting for each other and to stay together because it means something deeper than some ring or some 1 day ceremony. It's every day all day and forever. You have to seriously want that more than you want the single life. I think it definitely provides strong bonds between children and parents and between the couple themselves that make a difference in how you or they go about life. To me, it is extremely important.

• Hmm, it's not a huge thing because I'm not religious and I do see that getting married is really just signing paperwork to make our relationship more official, it doesn't change the nature of us and our love for each other. However, despite knowing that, I do still want to get married.

• it is massive. it's the time in my life i look forward to the most. being able to share a life long love with one man, building a family together and just being happy... yeah i can't wait =]

• Yes, in the sense that the ceremony is. I would be happy with a wedding with a future partner, myself and a priest. Marriage is about declaring ones love and commitment to each other, above all else, in the face of adversity. It is making a promise before others as witnesses, ( God, family and friends), because you want to express your promise of love before others and be held accountable to those promises.

• Nah, it's not. Did the marriage thing for 11 years and it's not what people dream it is. Why do you think so many people are getting divorced now a days? The reason they didn't back in the day is because it was considered a "sin" and so they just put up with it. They weren't happy though. So no, I don't think marriage is a big deal, nor will I ever do it again.

• Marriage had never been a big deal for me. I was never one of those girls who would dream about her wedding. I have shared 23 years of unwedded bliss with my common-law husband. At this point, why even bother?

• Yes. YES, OF COURSE! XD
    My opinion is... I really want to have children, my own children. So why marriage is a big thing for me because my husband is owe to be responsible and love our children... Why marriage is full of commitments, for me, it's because children need their parents, and if their parents love each other as well, it'll be better... :))

• nope, why would I spent thousand of just saying we are official together to the state, if other people want to do it that great, it's not for me

• No, not really. It would be nice to have that one special day together but it's not massively important to me. Most people seem to get married more for financial reasons than love, so I personally don't believe it proves your love for someone & I think it's just a piece of paper at the end of the day. Also, some people just love to show off & having a big fancy wedding is one way to do that.

• No. I want to maybe get the commitment of marriage but the whole weddings and being "together under the eyes of God" is not my thing.

• More committed. Less questioning of rejection over the little things.. i guess

• Yes. I'm a excited to get married and do life with him

• No I mean i am married but it was no big deal we went in and did it at the court house just us. We got married for our daughters sake we love each other and always have but we just never cared to spend money to say what we knew

• I'm not married but I think it is a very special thing when two people get married

• But why, what makes it special?

• Because marriage is a very special thing it's when two people become one for life, and that's probably the only relationship type that is like that and that's what makes it so special.

• Not sure why tbh. But it is still a big deal to me.

• yes because it's a sacred covenant!!!

• Please eloborate?

• Marriage is something that have bonded men and women together for centuries. It is a sacred covenant that gives meaning to their union, as they vow to be together until death do them part. Protecting this sanctity is one of the ways we can tribute to our past and have more hope in the future.