How can Christians (Jesus lovers) be for premarital sex and abortion?

If you don't follow the Bible wholly you should at least follow the 10 commandments if you TRULY love Jesus.

And atheists entrance is not permitted here

Most Helpful Guy

• Christians cannot support premarital sex and abortion. It is a simple as that.
    The Bible prohibits both.
    Therefore, anyone who supports it cannot be a Christian, no matter what they say they are.
    Saying that someone is a Christian who supports premarital sex and abortion is as absurd as describing themselves as a meat-eating vegetarian.

• Please... where does it say specifically in the Bible that premarital sex is prohibited?

• @Tarvold The Bible was written in Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic and Latin. I will trust the scholars, whose life's work it is to study and translate the scriptures.
      The sources that I consulted said that fornication was sex outside of marriage by people who were not married. See my earlier link to a dictionary.

• LOL. You obviously haven't read my answers. How very Christian of you.

What Guys Said 16

• well, the bible does not forbid premarital oral/anal sex, for one thing. And there are plenty of biblical examples of God killing children both in and out of the womb. But, more importantly, the concept of Jesus is just that: a concept. He doesn't visit anyone personally. It's basically left up to interpretation what he will tolerate and what he won't. So, christians don't spend too much time thinking about what their god wants, they are, instead, going to spend time thinking about what they want. And that answer is usually sex.

• God gives life and He can take that away. When the Bible was written anal and oral sex were NOT options, And it doesn't mean they are moral.

• Anal and oral sex bring sexual pleasure, right? This is against my religion

• That's nice and all, but you mean it's against your interpretation of your religion. You asked "how," and I answered: other people have other interpretations of your religion.

• humans ain't perfect man, even jesus knew that lol.

• Interpretations. That's what religion is about. Some people believe in God, Jesus, Mary, the three Kings, the shooting star... but they don't necessarily believe in all what the Bible says.
    The Bible you read today isn't the same Bible people read in the 10th century, cause it has changed during time due to changes in society, and due to the writer's interpretation.

• I love Jesus
    I love tits
    I love cum
    I love pussy
    I love my dick
    I love my life ✌
    U mad?

• I'm totally into abortion. It's not murder and nor should it considered such, although it is undeniable that abortion is an act of killing a human being. Thing is, the fetus is absolutely unintelligent and has no cognitive system, thus it won't feel a thing.

By this, I believe abortions are ethically correct. Should a victim of rape bear the child of her rapist if she doesn't want to? No. Should a teenage girl that got knocked up keep the baby and dramatically have her life and social status ruined if she doesn't want to? Absolutely not. Should a woman with baby that would otherwise be born into a life of war, poverty and hunger be able to have an abortion? Yes she should. Should a child that will be born with birth defects and will be dependent on medicince and care throughout its entire life, be terminated if the mother doesn't wish to care for an ill child the rest of her life? Yes.

• I don't know anyone who's even followed the 10 commandments you included
    im not for abortion, but than there are situations where at least in my mind I understand what if the girl was raped and gets pregnant you think she is gonna wanna carry a rapist child in her

• i guess not everybody takes the bible literally but some do still believe in god. you can love your parents but still not allways do what they say. same goes for jesus.

• Are you serious?

Ok... let's dance.

Where does it specifically say in the entire Bible, where premarital sex in general is forbidden?

Spoiler alert - I will be referring you to Revelation 22:18 at the end of this conversation.

• If you don't believe in teachings of jesus, then fine but don't make up things

• if thinking that premarital sex is not a sin will help you slee well at night, then good for you.

• This isn't a matter of opinion. It's either in the Bible or it isn't.

• You do realize that the bible does not refer to abortion at all.
    Also pretty much everything written by paul you should just ignore as he never actually met jesus

• WHICH 10 Commandments? The Bible has two lists.

• All religions of God forbid this. It all depends how strong is your belief and how much you fear God. Lack of either makes it a "do whatever the fuck you want".

• +1 atheists on your post. You should follow all of Jesus's teachings if you love him. Most christians like to omit one or two.

• If we follow all His teachings we will be perfect which is impossible. But we should try at least

• Except the bible never calls for perfection. In fact God sent Jesus to wipe away our imperfections so we could stand before him without shame. Yes imperfection is inevitable, but knowingly choosing to ignore sections of the bible isn't imperfection. It's rebellion.

• The more you sin, the more Jesus's visit to Earth was worthwhile.

• be a christian not a religious cultist. how that can happen? learnto love and appreaciate small things. learn to glorify God for every little thing. learn to love a glass of water, the breeze hitting your face, a meal, anything. if you can't love small things how will you love the great ones? also dont forget you have a fiery love for Him first. if He advices you to wait for marrriage just do that. with no complaints or sadness. be happy in his love.

• I consider most Christians to be "practicing christians" I think expecting people to follow all the rules of the bible is not only hypocritical but also counterintuitive to Jesus teachings.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• well i'm not atheist I'm a Wiccan. have you actually read the bible cover to cover I doubt you have. it says nothing under the sun hasn't been done before. According to Christians god has a hand in all we do and he moves in mysterious ways. pick he either guides us we do it alone. you can't have it both ways.

• The only person who can say how others are sinning is a person who is perfect and has never committed a sin according to the Bible. If not then take a seat.
    Remember no sin is better than the other all sins are equal...

• Murser is a sin. Lying is also a sin. Are they equal?

• Yea, well people make mistakes. But even you should know it's 2016 anyone can identify as what they want doesn't make them that.

• Well I agree, the thing is, they're minds have been taken over by society, and their own desires of the world, therefore giving into that. They call themselves christian, but they're not...