If a man asked you to marry him after six months to one year of dating, would you marry him?

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm not going to marry a man

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm inclined to say no...

However, I knew I wanted to marry my boyfriend before we actually started dating. So... if we hadn't been 17 and 19 when we celebrated our one year... I just might have agreed lol

But I do favor long relationships prior to marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my ex wife Jan 10, 1989, I went into the military Feb 14, 1989, I came home may 27 and proposed. We lasted 25 years...

• but you're divorced now?

• @nalaa her idea, not mine. and 25 years is a long time. so getting engaged fast is not a bad thing. When you know, you just know.

What Girls Said 35

• Six months to a year is the honeymoon phase - way too early, hormones and lust will cloud your judgement.

Date for 6 months to a year, then move in together and live for a few years. If after that you're still into the person and can cohabit peacefully, THEN propose the idea of marriage.

I'm personally not for getting married, just staying together forever without that contract.

• hmm nah, that's a bit too soon. id give it at least 2 years.

• I would rather be with someone a bit longer before that question is popped.

• I agree is better to be abit longer and get to know the person better before marrying

• Nah. I've been with my partner for four years, we're still not gonna get married anytime soon. I think a minimum of two years into a relationship is fair enough.

• Experts say that the "obsession" phase of being in love lasts, on average, 2 years. So I probably wouldn't want to get engaged before 2 years.

• unless it was the guy i'm with now who was asking, then no.

if *he* had asked at only 6 months, i probably would have said yes.

• If I knew he was the one and was lucky enough to have found him and am the one he wants to be with, why wouldn't I say yes? I might suggest a longer engagement period before the actual wedding though, if it otherwise seems too soon (i. e., we aren't completely in the same life stage yet).

• Well it depends on how sure i was about him, but if I thought we were a good match, then ya, I'd love that

• No way. Too soon

• I wouldn't marry someone who didn't know me well enough to know I'd like to live together at least a year before getting engaged

• It depends on the man and the stage of life we're at

• 6 months is definitely too soon... but maybe starting 1 year I'd consider it. Ideally though, I'd prefer 2-3 years.

• You could be with someone for 4 years and not feel anything or 6months and feel everything time does not matter as long as the your with the right person. Same thing if you known someone for years yet don't feel a connection or meeting someone the next day and having a lot in common

• Sounds too soon for me, but I take a while to really get comfortable enough with someone to even consider whether I love them or not, let alone whether I'd be willing to marry them.

But then, getting engaged after a few months runs in my family, so who knows. >.>

• Yeah If we were both ready

• If i love yes. Of course.

• With that said.. Six months is a little slim. But i know he's the one

• It depends how much time you spend with him during that time, and how much you got to get to know him.

For example: my parents got married after 3 months of dating, he was an abuser and their marriage I'd gone now.

But my brother married his wife after 3 months too, but they have an awesome marriage!!

It all depends

• It really depends on the relationship, I wouldn't marry but I would get engaged if it was worth it because I'm busy pursuing my career

• No, that's not enough time. I need at least 3 years + we'd also have to been living together for at least 1 year.

• At least a year yes if we loved each other and I saw myself spending my life with him. If I thought he would make a good husband and father. But not before a year.

• Nuuh nuuh. I'm too young to be married and 6 months is nothing. You can't even know for sure you are in love with someone after 6 months.

• If I love him and can imagine being with him forever.

• no. that seems like a very short amount of time.

• No I'd give it a bit more time, for me that's to soon maybe a year or two.

• HELL NAH

• That'd be unwise. You can't truly know a person in that amount of time

• I don't know that much about him.

• Yes, I would if he really love me

• Possibly yes if I knew this person a long time before

• If one of our lifespan was limited

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 11

• Six months? Lol.. I wouldn't ask any girl that fast. Hell people dont even get into committed relationships from a fling that fast. 2-3 years is the minimum time

• That's way too soon. Even if I were sure that I absolutely love her after just 6 months, I'd still be objective about it and spend more time with her before settling down for good. All the love in the world can't foresee unexpected circumstances.

• 6 months? You mean around "honeymoon stage"? I probably wouldn't ask someone to marry me while we're still lovey dovey.
    As odd as it sounds, I would need to have a few arguments with her over the span of at least 2 years. If two people can't survive a major fight or argument, I doubt their marriage will survive.
    Remember ladies and gents, it's cheaper to end a relationship than it is to hire a divorce attorney.

• Ah that's to soon for someone to propose I would say hold off on asking someone to marry you until 2-3 years.

• 100% of girls I know that did that are now divorced. The only ones still married waited at least 2 years

• I'm a man and a heterosexual one. I wouldn't marry one after one day of dating or 1,000 years of dating.

• If my friend tried that bullshit, I'd slap the hell out of him

He just WANTS to give everything up

• 6 months? Haha. I'd wait at least 3 years. Also, sex before marriage applies.

• If he was the man of my dreams maybe but even then it's really soon..

• Only if she was a gold digger or was friends with him prior.

• hmmmm it should be at least a yr for me..