Am I too anxious to get pregnant?

I am 31 and I just now found the guy of my dreams. I mean I had to deal with a lot of frogs to finally find my Prince. We have been together for 1.5 years and we have discussed marriage and kids. He wants to wait to propose when he is more secure financially. We expect it to happen sometime this year. I am just anxious to have a baby. I am so old and I am afraid I might not get one out in time. I have uterine fibroids and I hear it is harder to conceive as you get older. Obviously I want to be married first. I am afraid I won't be able to get pregnant. Am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to worry? I am also concerned because he is 40. If I wait any longer he might not want kids after 42 or so. Who wants to be that old being a father running after little kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're right to be concerned, but still if you're both not ready you will get the kid, but lose the relationship.

• I have a little time. The cut off is 35.

• But still I want 1st least 1 kid

• As you said, you still have time, and you're going to have to take that time if you're going to get what you want.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 7

• Hmmm. Yes, you are justified in being concerned. The age gap is not in your favor on this one.

• Maybe if I do all the work. I can do it myself as long as he provides financial support.

• I can tell. Usually I am terrified of getting pregnant by any boyfriend. With him I know it's right. I am not scared at all. I know he will be a good dad.

• Well, right there I think you answered your own question! I wish you both all the best!!!

• ""Obviously I want to be married first.""

That is SO not obvious when you're on a deadline.

• Ain't nobody want to be a single mom

• Lol...👎

• It's already silly that you are only considered a couple if you get married. Living together and having kids? No, not a family. Riiight.

• ... 40 = okay, 42 = old man, hopeless.

I died.

• Lol... ok maybe that's an exaggeration

• This is a weird question with the gender switch lol

• Very less.
    But I think you can have babies even after 40

• start worrying when you hit menopause

• Tell him your wishes asap. If he has the same desires he isn't getting younger either so he should be more inclined to do it if he ever wants kids

What Girls Said 4

• Actually makes you question how long one should wait.. If you could go back what would have been the preferable age to have gotten pregnant? .. some insight?🙃

• When I found the right guy. I am not trying to be a single mom or with the wrong guy. I don't regret anything.

• Just adopt

• Tell him you don't care about money and lock that shit down quick.

• Do you have kids? Married?

• No, I never wanted either so I don't have your problem. I'm not trying to be a bitch but you are right to be concerned about your fertility also an increase in complications and birth defects.

• No it's ok. I have read up on it. They say pregnancy after 35 is risky. Ughhhh. I don't want to scare him away being so eager but Damn I need a bun in this oven soon.

• You act like you're about to retire, calm the fuck down grandma you're not about to die of old age.

• Lmao @ grandma

• Trying to stress the fact that you're not old.