Am I overreacting?

I usually dont go on here that often to ask questions but I'm having a hard time. I am married with kids and I am working 80-120 hours in two weeks, I try to get those hours because I'm the only one working while my husband goes to college he has another year left and during those 2 years of schooling he has not worked, he says he has applied and tried to get a job but I'm not home to see if he's doing it. He watches our kids but as soon as I get home my babies are already asleep and I clean up there mess and clean the kitchen from dinner he made. On my only day off I do laundry, clean the house (very lightly it is my day off after all) then relax, I pay all the bills. I had a break down I got mad because I asked him to go online to pay the utilities and phone bill he said ok I gave him the card. I come back from work and the power is out it was 3am so I woke his ass up made him go to his sister's house to use her computer and turn on the utilities. This is where I feel like I over reacted. He is a good man, he takes care of our children, goes to school full time to better or future, and he gets things for the house like grocery's and stuff. Was I wrong? Should I stand my ground or did I over react?

Most Helpful Guy

• so you work about 40 hours a week? thats about normal for a full time job.

im at uni full time and if im not at uni, then im home working on assignments. I probably spend about 40 hours a week studying and working on essays etc.

im guessing he puts in the same amount of work, give or take. he also has the responsibility of looking after your kids so id say you guys probably do about the same amount of work. each week.

on the other hand, i wouldn't leave the cleaning up and shit for my mrs to do when she gets home.

I understand your frustration as it sounds like a horrible situation to be in and its easy to think he's at home doing nothing. maybe he just forgot to pay the bills what with studying and looking after the kids?

its hard to give an unbiased view as an outsider as we dont know all the details

• Thank you I appreciate your opinion I try to think of his situation

Most Helpful Girl

• No ur perfectly in line i think

What Guys Said 2

• Ya, you overreacted.
    And yes, it was warranted.

He likely felt like shit on the way to his sister's place. If he apologized for screwing up, you should apologize for losing your cool.

• He didn't apologize he said lots of things but "I'm sorry" was not one of them

• What did he say when you asked why he wasn't able to do it?

• Holy fuck how do you work 80-120 hours a week in the UK you only work up to 48 hours a week (although you can opt out and do more)

What Girls Said 1

• If you yelled, yeah that is bad. It is not bad that you reminded him just don't yell and talk rude way