Do you think it's possible for a racist person to marry interracially?

I would think that wouldn't happen. First let's define Racist. Racist in my opinion is a hatred for a group of people. In my opinion a person can say a racial slur but not be racist. It could be out of extreme anger. That person may not have any harsh feelings towards that group of people but said it to hurt a particular person in a fit of rage.
I mean if I hated mexicans , I don't really think I would go out and marry one. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is racist to some extent, like having racial bias or being prejudiced, so it's not just about totally hating another race. Hence I do think it's possible for a racist person to marry interracially. But the more racist the person is, the less likely it is that they'll want to marry someone of a different race.

What Guys Said 8

• "Mexican" isn't a race. Neither is "Hispanic" or "Latino." Mexican refers to a nationality not a race. There are "white" Mexicans. Look at a photo of the current president of Mexico.

• White mexicans are rare.

• The more racists I meet is the more I realise A LOT of them have secret desires for the race they 'so-called' hate lol It's so hilarious. Like a few months ago a certain lady who I know says she's not into black guys now tells me she likes me... so Immediately the words "WTF are you trolling?" came out of my mouth. Man being racist is stupid no matter how you look at it.

• No, not really. If anything, this racist is either a hypocrite or a pretend racist. Trying to "have your cake and eat it, too", now are you?

• Yes, but they'd see their spouse as inferior or even property.

• Hmmmm that's kinda hot.

• "Hatred" is an extreme term. I could be opposed to uncontrolled immigration from Mexico because of its deleterious effects on American society and still be attracted to an individual who happened to be Hispanic.

• Probably not

• Nope.

• nothing wrong with being racist.

What Girls Said 5

• I think they can, yeah. Racism isn't always 'hatred' - a lot of the white slavers didn't 'hate' black people, they just didn't consider them human, at least not in the same way they themselves were.

• Yes it is possible, esp those who fetishize a race, happened in the colonial times and now as well... Nothing's changed.

• Racists are too closed minded and ignorant to be attracted to a race other than their own.

• I think yes, if it's not for the partner, but fo the benefits that marriage might bring along

• yeh, they say something like, "Yeah but you''re different."

or it doesn't apply to you