Do you think true love between spouses lasts forever?

• Yes hat is why it is called TRUE
  • No. Some problems in life kill true love

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Love has its origin beyond this life, even death cannot separate TRUE LOVE

• Your nervous and endocrine systems don't last forever, so no.
    orig06.deviantart.net/.../...der_reiko-d61tzv9.jpg

• Is it guaranteed to? No.
    Can it? Yes. Albeit if both work at it.
    Even if you don't stay in love forever, that doesn't mean you have to grow to hate each other.

• I don't know about between all spouses but I know that true love between the spouses in my family has lasted till death or is still going strong to this day.

• If they actually get together because they love each other. Most people get together for the wrong reasons though...

• Depends on what your definition of true love is

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The fact it may not last doesn't mean the love wasn't 'real'. Love is more fragile then stories make it sound.

• sure, it can happen

What Girls Said 7

• Yes I believe it does

• Depends on the couple. It has everything to do with how much effort they're willing to put in and how hard they're going to work for it. Staying in love isn't easy. If it was, the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

• nope it morphs into different things stages of relationship
    attraction- infatuation - lust- affection- love -fondness/affection (again)- attachment.

this attachment to a person makes being without then like loosing an arm, this is the final stage.

• There are no guarantees in life
    True love does not necessarily mean it can be forever
    The other person may die or leave them, but it doesn't mean it was not true

• If it actually is love I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Yes absolutely.

• No. I don't think so. Actually, LOVE like what movies say is non-exist, I mean, forever... It'll be disappear slowly or even quickly because yeah problems, and if there is no big problem between them, it must because they're 'tired' each other. I've been observing some married couples, including my parent, with their marriage age older than 10 years, they are very very different with newlyweds or young couples outside a marriage. What newlyweds or movies say 'love' is different in their perspective. They often fighting but they're still survive each other because of their commitment. So I think, it's all about commitment. Love could disappear but commitment could make them stay. And then, happily ever after.