What makes someone mariage material according to you?

Obviously this is intended to people who still believe in marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and imagine

Phase 1
    > A person you can be next to.. be able to close your eyes and feel so connected with that nothing exists in that moment. Almost like you could be on a rooftop of the busiest place in the world but yet not hear a single sound.
    > At the same time, a person that takes your breath away the minute you open your eyes

Phase 2
    : Sweet but sassy
    : Nice but edgy
    : Stable yet spontaneous
    : Scared yet courageous
    : A person that can intellectually challenge you
    : A person that makes you want to be better than what you are

Phase 3
    --> Desire to be by each other's side until the very last breath

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Kind
    2. Honest
    3. Hard working
    4. Same religion
    5. Forgiving and patient
    6. Good listener
    7. Has to have a little feisty in him
    8. Handsome
    9. Mature
    10. Loyal

My top 10.

What Guys Said 33

• 1) compatibility outside of sex. If we don't share tastes and hobbies, we have to at least respect that the other has those tastes and hobbies. This means not trying to change them, and maybe even trying to get into them, at least in a small way, ourselves. This also means, obviously, not being with someone who has a hobby that we DESPISE.

2) loyalty. Love is already established. Loyalty is the next thing. I need to know that I can trust them in any situation, unconditionally. And they need to feel the same way about me. 90% of people who get into fights over jealousy do so because of a lack of trust, rather than because anything actually happened. Establish trust, and save you both from the drama later.

3) emotional stability. I don't expect her to be a rock. I just don't want to deal with crazy. jealousy, anger, pride, hysterical crying? I'm not dealing with it. Everyone has their mood swings, and their off days, and there are things that legitimately deserve to be angry at, jealous of, or move you to tears. But it is very emotionally trying on me to deal with someone else who seems to have no self control of their own emotions.

4) a willingness to consider having kids. children are not a must, but they might be welcome one day. if she wants to be a mom and I am NOT ready to be a dad, we should not be together. If I crave being a father and she is unwilling to consider being a mom, we should not be together.

• - Femininity
    - Nurturing and kind person
    - Passionate (to me obviously)
    - Decently curvy
    - Being on the same wave-length that I am while having enough individuality to not be a mirror-image or something
    - complementing me and I complement her
    - Decent amount of humour
    - At least about average intelligence. Doesn't need to be the same intelligence as I am, but smart enough to grasp what I am talking about.
    - Not be promiscuous
    - Not have a Penis

• A lot of things, usually I'll observe them to see what their made of. Character is my biggest tell. I get that people do things out of fear, or low self esteem or lack of self worth but still if they are generally good people and want to over come their limitations then I'm OK with that but if they fight me on it, I tend to lose interest as it just becomes me against their insecurities and that is not fun at all, it will indeed ruin a relationship by self sabotage and constant avoidance of intimate connection.

• Christian ( I used to be open in this area but after being with someone of a different religion I realized it just makes it to difficult. )

Virgin

Can put up with me and my lame sense of humor hah, and just simply understands me. ( preferred but not a deal breaker )

Old fashioned ( preferred again not a deal breaker. )

Decently to well educated meaning has to have at least completed high school and hopefully college.

I can just be myself fully around em, because I don't know how I could spend my life with someone if I couldn't even be myself around em you know?

Good morals and values.

Is close with their family and has good ties with em.

Wants kids.

Is similar to me but still uniquely their own person and who is different from most folks, unique. I can't stand people who are just like copies of everyone else.

Genuine, real, flawed.

And of course someone who I have the below feelings for.

For me personally, loving someone in regards to someone, I am with romantically is having this really deep sincere kind of care, for them. That goes beyond how I would normally care for others. Being able to look past things that I normally, wouldn't be able to look past very easily and whenever they do things that would normally aggravate, annoy or piss me off. If they were anyone else just don't seem to matter like its just water off my back like a duck, and you just have this emotional connection and bond with someone. And knowing the importance, and value of that person in your life, and having a hard time not seeing them in your life. And just understanding them and them understanding you and you just click *snaps fingers* like apples n cinnamon.

For me being in love with someone has all the same standards, and feelings as loving someone does. But it goes much deeper then in addition to seeing/feeling all the above, I just can't see myself without her in my life and I couldn't see myself with anyone but her. As my father would put it, you just look at her and without a shadow of a doubt in your mind you just know that she's the one for you.
    Wanting to wake up to her each morning and going to bed next to her each night, seeing myself and her at the alter, raising kids and growing old with her. And going through hell on earth with her, and coming out of it scathed but happy, stronger and closer then before.

• She's accepted my flaws
    She's totally honest with me, no secrets.
    She's happy
    She's confident in herself
    She's can see what we'd be like in 20 years
    She's able to keep her independence

That's obviously after dating, there is another list for dating material.

• a girl who is able (or has potential) to truly love her husband, that's all
    the rest of requirements are only consequences of that

• My list for dating (i. e. hot, feminine, confident, fun, blah blah)
    PLUS
    Wants children, work ethic and ambition, and we just align very well on life goals/hobbies, and Christian, patient and compassionate, saves money

• Trustworthiness and integrity.
    Willingness to be intimate and to reciprocate affection.
    High self esteem or confidence.
    They don't NEED me but rather WANT me in their life.
    Conviction behind whatever principles they hold dear.
    Willingness to consider another's point of view.
    Empathy.
    Likes dogs.

• Someone who is very affectionate.
    Has my back no matter what. And will tell me I am wrong in private.
    Will call me on my B. S.
    Will make a good mother to my kids.

• -beautiful
    -smart
    -shy
    -doesn't want kids
    -low partner count
    -compatible interests and sense of humor
    -makes me feel emotionally safe when I'm with her

• Cue the list:

Intelligent (and not just "book smart")
    Trusting and Trustworthy
    Patient
    Truthful
    Nurturing
    Reliable
    Has good work ethic
    Likes to talk
    Modest
    Supportive
    Isn't vain about her appearance
    Affectionate
    Appreciative
    Family-oriented
    Wants marriage
    Enjoys physical intimacy (kissing, cuddling, hugging, sex)
    Gives space
    Pretty
    Respects her man
    Stands up for herself
    Takes care of herself (diet, exercise, sleep, no smoking / drugs / drinking)
    Prefers rural life
    Likes agriculture
    Multi-lingual
    Is a good cook

• Nothing can? That's the truth. It's hard to explain

• Religious compatibility is important obviously, though I also think that all-around selflessness is important since in marriage you need to be willing to sacrifice for the sake of the family. Last but not least is sexual attraction and a willingness to satisfy each other, since as a man sex is hugely important to me and I cannot wait forever.

• - We have a vast majority of things in common, whether it's hobbies or political beliefs.

- She is caring and will point out when I'm going in the wrong direction and then help me make the right choices.

- She has maternal aspects and is willing to have my children.

- She is ambitious and aims to chase her dreams.

- She is affectionate, humorous and always have positive vibes.

- She has a nice butt... Cause at the end of the day, I'm a guy.

• If a person wasn't interested in marriage, would that make it impossible for anyone to be marriage material? Or could you still say I would marry you if I was interested in marriage?

Either ways, I think it's too relative and would vary a lot from person to person.

• Besides that amazing blue you are wearing 😍😍 lol ,
    She must be kind , protective , jelious , responsible , romantic , and someone you like to talk with

• Someone who wants to please and make sacrifices to make their love one happy is marriage material to me. We all have our differences so it takes someone who is willing to give what we want in a relationship to make it work.

• When I ask whether she prefers magazine or clip fed and she responds 'belt fed', then we discuss the merits of various karate techniques.

• Not a feminist, and educated

• Has plenty in common with me
    Is close to my age
    Doesn't want children
    Can deal with my mental disorders

• To lead an organized and responsible life to keep ourselves well in control (compelled by the situations and comittments) and finally one definitely needs someone at his old age (your spouse or children) to take care of him. A world without the concept of marriage is to create a whole lot of mess among the people which would be a combination of comedy and tragidy.

• Ah I don't know. I can't say I've found it yet. :D There's no set formula... People aren't perfect, so it comes down to if you both love each others imperfections. :)

• Trust

• A woman of good moral character.
    A woman who believes in family and extended family.
    Of course she should appear attractive to you.

• I let my feelings decide and not a checklist

• Somebody who makes me feel good cause love is not supposed to hurt.

• If she cooks me bacon for a surprise breakfast, then I would marry her right then.

• Loves me for who i am and at the same time makes me a better man

• choice

• I dont know.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 12

• A guy who doesn't want me to be his mommy or babysitter, will supply me with cheesecake, and likes cats.

• Someone who's my lover and my best friend at the same time, someone who knows what's on my mind simply by looking me in the eyes, a typical soulmate. Someone who has seen me at my worst and still loved me. That's the someone I'm looking to marry and I'm certainly not gonna marry anyone else, but this person and if I am not fortunate enough to encounter them in this life, I'm just not going to marry at all.

• I dunno, I think I lack experience for this.
    plus what I want may differ... maybe what I want is not what I need etc..
    basics at least are: someone whom I can be passionate about and vis versa.
    mutual respect, care, support and honesty.
    easy to get along with, same level of intellect and preferably social status.
    loves life and hard working.

• Loyal, kind and a good sense of humour. That's what I'd need from a husband. Never gonna have one but those are the things I'd need.

• - Is patient. Problems can happen when raising a family, he should be able to tolerate that.
    - Generous.
    - Caring
    - Financially stable
    - Ambitious
    - Successful
    - Doesn't give up
    - Mature enough to be a parent
    - Good with kids ( it's kind of weird for me to say this because I'm a kid myself ;P) He knows how to raise a kid and he has babysitting experience
    - He is organized and somewhat knows how to deal with house chores. Mariage requires a lot of organization! :)

• someone who is not monogamous

• Pure Commitment.

• Someone who loves me and can deal with my bullshit lmfao.

• A person who is stable and can take care of there family

• They are loyal and respectful, they put you before their self,

• Trustworthy, compatibility, humor and love

• Caring
    Respectful
    Responsible and doing something with his life
    Similar sense of humor as me
    Family oriented / wants kids
    Shares some of the same interests as me