Girls, should wives obey their husbands?

I don't think so, but I suspect some women believe they should. Am I right?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I totaly think so, but I'm really sorta open and think everyone should just do what makes them feel comfatble. For me, I am happy obeying my husband and I would hate it any other way.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Bahahaha.

Husband: RJ I expect you to obey my word like it's law.

Me: Lol. Shit in your own hand.

To actually answer the question, no, I don't. Should you consider his suggestions and feelings? Of course, but having a dick doesn't make any man the God figure of a woman's life and vice versa.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well stated. Aside from this question, men are often assigned all kinds of responsibility and increased pay because they have dicks, which seems every bit as ridiculous as expecting a wife to be obedient.

• This is true, I agree.

• I don't think there should be anyone obeying anyone else in a relationship or marriage. The ones in them should be like a team, not a leader and follower.

3|0
    0|0
  • yee cuz acording to theh bibel, wivez betta obeY hubands in tha name of da Lord

0|1
    0|0
  • I would seek and accept advice but I don't obey anyone. But some woman may be ok with that... To each their own.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • They should respect their husbands, as husbands should respect wives. Marriage is all about an equal relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that the husband should not have full reign over the wife. She should be capable of doing things she wants. Both the husband and wife should have their own freedoms. The husband, wife included, shouldn't be controlling.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a dog, nor am I a child.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Obey implies you take on a boss that surpasses you. No.

Healthy relationships are those on equal groundings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obey in what?
    If he is telling me to go steal something or lie, then obviously no.
    If he telling me I shouldn't go out at night because there is a storm outside, then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No one owns me and never will

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect - YES! Obey - NO!
    You have to both have a mutual and equal amount of respect in a relationship/marriage. Without respect there can be no relationship!

My opinion, If my boyfriend/husband says I'm not allowed to do something without valid reasoning, then there is no respect, however if he explains his reason behind me not doing it then that's respect!

You obey your OWNER, BOSS or PARENT - like a dog, child, employee... I obey my parents, its a completely different story - If my parents say I can't do something, I DONT DO IT, however if my husband says I can't do it I'm going to ask why not!

But then there is two meanings of obey, if you mean obey as in "Wash the dishes, clean the house, make me coffee" - THEN NO!
    If its obey as in "Drive safely, Don't drink to much, watch the kids" - THEN YES!

0|0
    0|0