I think, my boyfriend wants to get married, but I don't... help please?

The past couple of weeks, he's been talking about marriage. For example, I'm from CT and I want to move back someday. He said "Well, Maybe you and I could get married and move to CT together".
Then, he told me a couple days ago, "You'll make a good wife." I said "Do you realize what your saying? It sounds like you want to marry me." and he responded "Your right, it does feel like I want to marry you."
I told him that I'm not ready for marriage. But just again last night, he said what a great wife I'd be, and He would love to have a family with me. And today, when we went out he said "I'll say this again, your going to make a great wife... to me" Again, I told him I'm not ready for marriage. And just now he was talking with me and said "My sister-in law asked if I had a girlfriend, I said yes. and I told her your name, she said that's the perfect name for a wife."

I have tried very nicely to explain, I'm just not ready to be a wife, I'm not ready for marriage. I don't know why he keeps bringing it up.

What Guys Said 2

• Some people go through this "What now?" phase after they have been dating for a while and for some retarded reason, marriage seems to be the next logical step for them. I don't know why people can't be just happy with the way things are and enjoy the status quo. It's like their life or relationship has to be constantly evolving. Remember, you are the other half to this and you have the power to say, "NO" at any time. I think he is just totally thrilled and happy to be with you and this is just a natural high for him. His friends and family share this too which is adding fuel to the fire. I think things will calm down on their own. You are doing the right thing, just grab him as he is floating away into the clouds and bring him back down to reality.

• I don't know some people are there like that, who will never stop saying things like that. I don't why people can't be happy with what they have already, instead they keep asking for more. I mean you said clearly that you are not ready and still he talks to you about it!, that's not at all right.

What Girls Said 1

• since he's your boyfriend and you do love him.. it's a logical step to think about marriage but don't waste his time if you're not planning to get married to him or explain to him When you are ready ( after you graduate or have a certain job or when you're at a dertain age) this will make him wait or comsider if he's willing to wait that long.

• I'm 28, I already graduated high school.
      But he and I only been dating 4 months, I really don't think that's long enough.
      Grant it, we known each other for 2 years, but still. I think dating for at least a year before you consider marriage is a good idea.