Guys, did you ask your father-in-law for permission to marry his daughter?

• Yes
    10% (2)
  • No
    19% (4)
  • N/A. Not married. But I would, as it's custom in my family.
    29% (6)
  • N/A. Not married. Why the HELL would I do that?
    42% (9)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It would be my choice, and hers. While his approval would be greatly appreciated, it is not his decision, and I would not ask him. I would inform him it WAS happening, after she said yes.
    As much as I'm all for tradition in many things, I am not in this.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Not married yet but when I find myself in that position of course I would, I respect tradition. And it's just simply the right hing to do and shows that you care about her as well as what your family thinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not married, not seeing anyone, but yes, I would ask for her father's blessing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. It's his daughter's choice -- not his. I'd hope he'd be fine with it but I wouldn't honestly care if he wasn't as long as his daughter liked me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's so old school. I'm new school. When that time comes, I will not ask him. I would be marrying to his daughter not him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am marrying HER, not HIM, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i did not ask we just told him. . if i knew it was going to be a big deal then i would have asked

0|0
    0|0
  • No, he was on the run from the law. No kidding.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not up to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • As if my girlfriend was his property

0|0
    0|0
  • No as he worked for me lived in my apartment building and owes me $8 000 I didn't think he had anything to complain about

0|0
    0|0
    • Uh... way to be petty, man. I don't think marriage or love has anything to do with those things.