Would you trust your parents to pick your future Husband/Wife?

So, I saw this new show in TLC called "Married by Mom & Dad" were the kids allowed their parents to chose their future husband/wife. So, I am wondering how many of you would actually trust your parents in picking your future wife/husband? pls explain why?

I would only trust my father in picking my husband. My mother would just chose a handsome jerk with no redeeming qualities lol.

• Yes I would
  • No, I would NOT
  • Hell to the Fucking NAH!!!
she would choose****

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, I wouldn't. They don't know what I find attractive in a girl.

My Dad tried introducing me to a few of his students from Taiwan (where my family is from). They're all really quiet, shy, and sort of "submissive" (I hate that term, but I don't know what else to use - they pretty much do what their fathers/husbands tell them to do). They think that kind of girl would be perfect for me.

I don't "click" with that kind of personality. I'm attracted to a girl who is more outspoken, strong-willed and confident, but has a kind heart and an intellectual mind. I'm sure I can find that on my own :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, not a good idea. I think that they would choose someone that they like but not someone that I would like. Seeing as they absolutely hate my boyfriend (and he hates them back) whilst I adore him, I would say we have a vastly different opinion on some behaviours. What they'd see as acceptable isn't something I ever would and vice versa. I don't think I would end up enjoying being with whoever they chose.

What Guys Said 18

• Yes I would trust my parents for choosing a partner for me, because even if we choose we at some point need to start from being strangers so what is wrong in here? In both cases it is going to be a stranger, rest is just about looks so I have already talked and explained showed pics of various girls to my parents that I see as ideal for my partner's physical looks so I am sure they will consider those things in looks, and I know my parents still would want me to meet that person before proceeding, so if you count looks then for that I have explained them already the looks I want in my partner and if it is about knowing as a person then still my parents have more experience knowing a person and that would be a plus for me, and after all that I will also get the chance of choosing over a choice that seems to be twice filtered lol hence i wouldn't mind if they choose it for me, I see nothing negative in that. As far as they consider my choice important before proceeding I think that is much better then choosing someone solo by yourself.

• My mom is a devout catholic so she'd probably just grab the first single young woman she saw out of a church...

No I wouldn't by the way.

• I won't trust my parents buying me a t-shirt so I am supposed to trust them with a WIFE , HELL TO THE FUCKING NAHHH

• OMFG NO WAY haha, omg they would pick someone I probably wouldn't even be attracted to.

• ABSOLUTELY NOT. Their marriage train wreaked.

• Fuck no... I'm picky af as to who I want

• No! They'll just choose a wealthy chinese girl that I'm not attracted to.

• That's like getting a life sentence from a judge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVRVvyDz-k

• I think I'd put my trust in my mum but not sure about my dad 😂😂

• That is exactly what happened in my case. Been married for almost 20 years now with the same woman.

• Wow! That's amazing that it worked out :)

Happy for you

• Well, I come from a culture where that is normal and majority of the cases it works out. It's not like the guy and girl have no say but we trust our parents.

• Since I'm Asian, my mom would pick a nice Asian housewife that is respectful and obedient, that would be a nightmare for me, lol.

• My future wife not theirs. So, no way.

• Is you're old man a handsome jerk with no redeeming qualities?

• My parents divorced over 10 years ago. I don't know how they even got married in the first place. But No. My father has redeeming qualities.
      I say that bc my mother bfs are jerks with no redeeming qualities lol

• Nope, I'm not going to let my parents decide on such a life-changing thing for me.

• hell no.

• if that was the case i'd have 20 wives by now

• Hell no, But if i lived in Iraq or a lot of other countrys i would thank god i was raised in the USA though, Also look at history in the united states before WW2

• I probably wouldn't even let them meet

What Girls Said 26

• i'm pretty close to my parents, and they know me pretty well. however, if i were to trust them with something as important as choosing my future husband, i'd have to say no way, jose.

why? because they'd be picking who's best for them, rather than what's best for me. we have different personalities and priorities; therefore, we value different traits.

(my biological parents have been divorced for more than 20 years, but my mom has been married to my [step] dad for 15. as for my biological father, wouldn't trust him any further than i could throw him, since he'd likely choose some rich, religious, uber-conservative dude that no one could pay me enough to want to marry. lol.)

-von

• Mmm my Mom is alreay trying to do that :p I'm sure she will look for a Tunisian Dentist or Doctor or something like that haha from a respectable traditional family and religious. Why not, seems like a good thing, but what if I'm not attracted to them? And it seems a bit boring!
    So in short, I'm not completely opposed to it, but I would rather not.

• It takes a lot for me to be comfortable around someone, and I have my own specific interests, and I don't think my parents understand that xD They'd probably pick some boring dude with a great job, and I'd be miserable my whole life and divorce him as soon as I could LOL

• I would not, because it should be my choice who and if I marry. However, if we lived in a culture in which arranged marriage was the norm, I would definitely trust my parents' judgement and I believe they would pick someone that I would genuinely like and could grow to love.

• NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I am way too alternative for my rents to make the right choice.

• No I wouldn't at all, i feel like she wouldn't even know where to start.

• I think I would have to pass. I've seen my parent's tastes in SO's and they aren't the best.

• In that case I might as well start being miserable now. They couldn't even choose someone right for themselves... let alone me😨😨 I'm not a picky nor judgmental person, but I'll decide this one on my own.

• They would choose someone who is of my race and probably boring and dominant.
    I can't deal with that and would much rather be single forever.

• Hell no! The would choose someone I wouldn't like for sure.
    They know nothing about my preferences.

By the way, I know this show and I've watch it a couple of times.

• I would trust them to make a good desicion - but they are not going to haha cause Iv already found someone :P

• i think i would. my mom can tell when a guy is hot or not. and they are not fans of losers. so... yeah.

• XD no fucking way. My parents would choose for their own taste and not mine. Which would mean I would hate the person haha

• Absolutely no. My dad would just pick the first guy to come and my mom has no taste in men whatsoever.

• In India, arranged marriages are quite common. To be honest, I'd rather die single than to get married to someone who I didn't even choose in the first place. Scary.

• No way, I mean my dad's a good judge of character but my mum's taste in men is usually quite the opposite to mine hahaha.

• I wouldn't let ANYONE pick the person I would marry
    1) I don't want to marry
    2) IF I ever marry, there better be some chemistry there or we all know how this is going to end

• I voted A because I trust my mom's judgement and taste. Still, letting someone else pick your boyfriend/spouse for you would be a high-risk gamble.

• I feel like my parents wouldn't know who to pick, plus I have a boyfriend

• I would trust my parents to pick a brand of fucking toothpaste for me. So hell no!!!

• That would be a noooooooooope

• Nope not at all

• Yeah but they ask me if I like the guy or not.

If I say no, it's a no.

• no. I wouldn't

• I'm sure they would pick out a great guy, I just don't know if it would be someone I'd like enough to spend the rest of my life with

• Hahahah good one!