Terrified of wedding?

I'm all for marriage, and I do want to get married when I'm older, but the idea of a wedding is a little weird and kind of scary. I just don't like the idea. Anyone else feel like that?

• Yes
  • No
Cool the poll is 50/50

Most Helpful Guy

• if there's kids stable secure jobs,, Yes i would do if on contract thats what marriage is now its a legal way of making 2 people responcible for depts instead of 1,, It helps with taxes health insurance but when 1 of the 2 get sick and close to dieing the doctors get all thay can ia in most cases leave the widow im major dept LOL an think in the USA 60% divorce rates now. So my next marriage is vows on a piece of paped thit I Make up An let her make up her own see the preacher read the vows put the rings on get the preachers blessing but not on paper kiss like 1 of them long real wow we are married Kisses an then Make babys LOL

• I think I understood that...

• i would want my wife to have the stuff that i own that my kids will not want an trust me there taken care of but i own my home there not moving here so to be legal i would want my wife to own what i do not give to my kids

• I want to marry but not have a wedding, I'm still totally going to marry

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't feel that way now, but I did when I was younger. I wanted to get married, but the idea of a wedding in front of family and friends sounded scary, weird, and to be honest, a little embarrassing. But now, I've grown out of that. Part of that happened naturally as I matured, and part of that happened once I found a guy who I actually could see myself marrying (and see my parents respecting my decision to marry him). The idea of a wedding doesn't seem weird or awkward to me now. Don't stress, and give it time.

• If the time comes and the idea of a wedding still freaks you out, then you don't HAVE to have a traditional wedding. There are lots of other options that you can explore that you might feel more comfortable with. But it's very possible that you will grow more comfortable with the idea when you're older, so for now, just don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 5

• the idea of the wedding scares you? like you are cool with marriage but the wedding is intimidating?

for me the wedding was nerve wracking leading up to it but it kind of rushes by before you notice so you don't even really have time to be nervous

• Yeah, i'm actually looking forward to beig married when I'm older, but the wedding itself scares me. I hate people staring at me, so yeah, and there are a couple of other reasons

• i know what you mean for sure. i hate being the center of attention. but i almost promise that when and if you get married on the day as the events start happening you'll start realizing that your head is almost in the clouds... for me so much was going on, excitement, nerves, etc that i hardly really noticed all the people. and when i did i was just really thrilled and touched to realize how many incredible people were in my life

• I didn't think of that. I'm glad your wedding was great :)

• No, I am not terrified or scared. I never want to get married and that's my decision.

• For me it's I want to get married but no wedding

• Ok, for me it's neither, no wedding, no marriage

• You don't need to have a wedding. Just sign the legal papers and you're alraedy married.

• Hello first guy to respond to this, haha.

Yeah, I might just do that

• Hello anonymous girl!

It's the easiest thing to do actually... and also way cheaper hehe

• Waaaaaaaay cheaper

• it's because you are younger. You aren't fully developed emotionally to handle such an adult situation. As you age, your perspective will change and you'll be ready to handle this situation.

• What would scary me the most is if my future girlfriend would really have her heart set on marriage, because marriage is totally useless and a waste of money. I would much rather just be living together

• you can save lots of money in tax deductions

• @madhatters4 Not where I live. It use to be like that, which was the reason my parents got married (luckily they are still together after many decades). Now the only reason to get married is just because of tradition... and that's not good enough reason for me, because it's a complete waste of money. But then again, priests and the national church are as well

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I am absolutely terrified for the following reasons:
    -Before wedding ceremony-
    (1) Cost of reception, dresses, rings, etc.
    (2) Difficulty for me to find people I'd invite and assign for roles bridesmaids, maid of honor, etc.
    (3) Paperworks
    -After wedding ceremony-
    (1) Chances of divorce later on
    (2) Surname change
    (3) I might regret committing to matrimony at some point in my life
    (4) Getting along with my "laws" a. k. a. mother-in-law, sister-in-law, etc.

And probably many more I haven't mentioned 😌

• The only one I'm not scares of is 4. I love my boyfriends mom (and she likes me, which is really good) and his dad and brother are pretty cool. I honestly think he'll have more problems with my family, if we ever marry.

• Wow you're very lucky 😊 That is actually beautiful. I hope you two will really marry in the end ❤

• I hope so too, he's a great guy

• I see... what scares you the most? Planning, dress not fitting, too many people, backing out, going in debt, divorce? :)

Basically... I want a small wedding... like a backyard setting or a beach wedding. My biggest concern is that I am not that religious/Pagan but my boyfriend is Christian. A church may be odd... but I'll worry about that later in time...

• Pretty much everything you mentioned.

• That's actually great advice, plus, a running joke (which is pretty true) of ours is that I just was a gold band, like a guys gold band, because of my "hands on" approach to literally everything and my unwillingness to take any jewlery off, so when I went to that website I saved a quarter of the budget, haha

• All I can say to you is in the future, have a wedding if "you" want to have a wedding, not because other people tell you to or they've had them. If you decide never to have one, it's your life. Live it.

• I don't feel that way, BUT you dont have to have a wedding! Some people have very small things, I think my cousin just want's to have a nice family dinner.

• I was excited for my wedding. But if you don't want all the attention on you, just go register your marriage at city hall or elope somewhere, just the two of you and nobody else.

• well ur still young, thats normal.

• Why is it weird to you?

• Couldn't honestly tell you, it just feels weird when I think about it

• When I was your age, I used to feel this way too, now that I am 24, I am excited to celebrate my love in front of friends and family, this feeling will fade, I promise.

• When the timings right, you'll feel right. It won't be so scary when you're a little older